Irrlicht 0.10.0

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Jedive

Post by Jedive »

I thought every piece of software is beta until it reaches 1.0.

I would add projected textures to that list :D
katoun

Post by katoun »

:D It is 1.0 but Niko named it 0.10
Take a look SourceForje and you shall see it say at Irrlicht page version: 3 Alpha
http://sourceforge.net/projects/irrlicht/

:? Sory but what is projected texture(it seems so familiar but I don't seem to remember what it is).
Kat'Oun
katoun

Post by katoun »

AN IDEA FELLOWS:
How about regitering to SourceForge an Irrlicht++ project(with CVS of course)
wicht should be the official Irrlicht+paches+addons like the ones mentions by me above:
-Anisotropic filter
-Volumetric Fog
-and other

It might be a sort of IrrlichtNX but not quit(because it would be made by us the ones that actualy encrise the size of IRR by makind addons that are sent to Niko and paches and loaders ....)
By the way have you found aout that IrrlcihtNX is no more it will be renamed and the entire engine rewriten from inside out.

What do you think about it.
Whell I actualy tryed to register my Irrlicht version but SourceForce regected becuase I havend been to explicit when I described the my project, it might have been maybe even my English mistekes who knows. Even today I don't know what my misteke was , so is anybody who knows how to register an Irrlicht derived project to SourceForge I would be the first to start this IDEA.How about it?
:wink:
Kat'Oun
Robomaniac

Post by Robomaniac »

This is still beta and not 1.0, 0.10.0 is another way of saying "we're still beta, just version 10". Personally, I believe the NX guys did the only thing they could. After working for a year or so adding patches to several irrlicth versions, they are attempting to make the engine better when they found they pretty much needed to rewrite most of the engine to add the features they wanted. So they did in what was a good decision imho.
The Robomaniac
Project Head / Lead Programmer
Centaur Force
Pr3t3nd3r

Post by Pr3t3nd3r »

0.10.0 :D Nice. I just recompiled the dll and test'it a litlle. I seems to be faster.
Specularity!!! finaly ... too bad isn't working with pixel per lithning ...
And Irrlicht7.0.vcproj (from the sourcecode) is not updated withe the new files. (can not be compiled with out modifications).
Nice new features. For the next release maybe you will integrate something like this too http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/ ... php?t=6389.

Hmm 0.10.0 ... My game is not yet at the stage i want it to be, and the site is just beta :d. Anyway i will annonce'it ... i hope in few days i will put a donloadable version of the game.
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

x4861 wrote:And some far-away lights were culled because of this :)
Also, by rewriting isCulled to be more precise, I got my camera culled out as well :D How about not culling cameras and lights?
Ah, yes, sorry. Maybe you could just setAutomaticCulling(false) for that nodes, but I think it is a good idea not to cull lights an cameras by default, you're right.
Emil_halim wrote: o when next ver [0.11] will be released
Hehe :)
katoun wrote: -Second , for a non beta version it sure mises some things:
You're right, it is not a beta version. It is actually alpha :) Most of the things you've mentioned are on my list, just wait a little bit and give me some time. :)
Pr3t3nd3r wrote: too bad isn't working with pixel per lithning
That's right, I would have loved to add this. But my hardware only supports ps 1.4. I could have done this with 1.4. too, but I didn'T want to do sacrifice single pass rendering to docubemap texture lookups instead. Maybe I'll buy a nice new gfx card, or ask ATI or NVidia to support me a little bit .:)
katoun

Post by katoun »

Niko:
:D OK if you promised I can wait and I can even give you a little help (when I get some time to work and of course find the resources and doc needed)
couse as I sayed the directional and spot light is easy to add as I just did and I added anisotropic filter for Direct3D but havent tested (and today I even found an article on how to add it to OGL- form NVIDIA web page).
Good luck and when I get some of those work good inside IRR0.10 I shall send you the code OK?
Kat'Oun
Robomaniac

Post by Robomaniac »

niko wrote: or ask ATI or NVidia to support me a little bit .:)
Heh, good luck with that :\
The Robomaniac
Project Head / Lead Programmer
Centaur Force
hybrid

Post by hybrid »

Is CTextReader intentionally missing in the source zip (i.e. has this interface been removed from the library) or should the old files be reused?
Pr3t3nd3r

Post by Pr3t3nd3r »

hmm ... that's what i was saying Irrlicht7.0.vcproj not in, Irrlicht.vcproj in. I belive is intentionaly out. And in the first .vcporj are no linking for new loaders ...
Washi

Post by Washi »

It goes Alpha then Beta then Full
1.0 is normally first full release
0.1 is normally first major in production version or beta
and 0.0.1 is first Alpha

Not all projects follow that number pattern but it is the norm which means Irrlicht is in its 10th Major version release (yes there were minor releases aswell) while still being developed for those that didnt know.

10 great things in one place :)

Keep up the great work Niko, and all those working on Projects
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

Sorry for all the problems with the Irrlicht7.0 project file. The problems are there because I forgot to update it. Its the same file as in Irrlicht 0.9 and in 0.10 I added lots of files and renamed some. If you are working with visual studio 7.0, just don't use that file. Erase it and load the VisualStudio 6.0 .dsp file, it will be converted. Or just use VisualStudio 2003.NET, that project file is ok too.
Joe_Oliveri

Post by Joe_Oliveri »

I tip my hat to you Niko, Now that you add the loading function to a .dmf my level loads with zero errors now. My textures used to jump and now they dont. :) v0.10.0 is the best!
Irrlicht Moderator || Game Designer
Learn the basics at </dream.in.code>
Kayl

Post by Kayl »

Directional and Spot light for both D3D and OGL(I just made that
after I dowloaded IRR0.10.0 and it works(though need
That's exactly what I want (directional light) before really using Irrlicht. (I know IrrlichtNX++ has that kind of light but they are going too far away from the orginal engine and don't have all Irrlicht functionnality).
Niko plz... complete the lights and I'll be the happiest man ever :)
(also... correct in the realase version the problem of texturing :))
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

Kayl wrote:
Niko plz... complete the lights and I'll be the happiest man ever :)
(also... correct in the realase version the problem of texturing :))
Will do :)