How do you recompile Irrlicht .10 (DevC++) to use Directx9?

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
rgs

How do you recompile Irrlicht .10 (DevC++) to use Directx9?

Post by rgs »

I'm on tutorial 2(Quakemap) and can only get opengl to work. Unfortunataly not all textures load from .bsp file. All I need is the procedure to recompile the source for Irrlicht .10 using DevC++. I have the Irrlicht Engine SDK 0.9 for Dev C++ and the Direct X 9.c for Dev C++. Also have the zlib and libjpeg for DevC++. Thank you very much.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

Hello rgs! There is the link that you waiting for :) :

http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/ ... php?t=5813

Hope that help, see ya :) !
S.T.A.R.S.! (Resident Evil 3)
rgs

still having problems

Post by rgs »

I've tried to follow the instructions to recompile the dll manually, but I can't find the "IrrConfigConfig.h" file to make the neccessary changes. Also, the MingW, DX compatible build of Irrlicht v0.10 doesn't work for me either.Help!
hybrid

Post by hybrid »

The file is named IrrCompileConfig.h
rgs

still not working

Post by rgs »

The Irrlicht screen just flickers on, then off. Can't see what the cosole says. I must be so dumb somehow....I can't get this to work.
INM8

Post by INM8 »

umm.. "IrrCompileConfig.h" is in the folder with your source code... it should be "C:\Irrlicht-0.10.0\source\IrrCompileConfig.h" depending on where you extracted what... open that up and follow the instructions on that post.
"Please do not read this quote. Thank you."
INM8

Post by INM8 »

Oh yes, and if you want to see what it says on the console before it closes do this:

IF YOU HAVE WINDOWS: (I have XP)
- goto start->all programs->accessories->command prompt
- open that up
- drag n drop your exe file into the command prompt window
- press enter

you probably dont have another op system anyways, cuz if you do its pointless to install direct x (it wont work) cuz it runs on windows only.

anyways.. i just downloaded that little pack from that link and used the .dll files, but compiled my own irrlicht version and added "-libd3d8.a" and "-libd3d9.a" into the linker settings. you can find these files in C:\Dev-Cpp\lib.

Well umm thats good 4 now, hope I helped!
"Please do not read this quote. Thank you."
rgs

Halfway there!

Post by rgs »

I placed the directx dll's in the same folder as the project and I got Directx8 to work, but when I try to get Directx9 the command line prompt says"direct x 9 driver was not compilied into this dll, try another one."
rgs

commenting doesn't seem to work

Post by rgs »

I commented this
#if _MSC_VER < 1300
#undef _IRR_COMPILE_WITH_DIRECTX_9_
#pragma message("Compiling Irrlicht with Visual Studio 6.0, support for DX9 is disabled.")
#endif

in the proper folder, but still don't have directx 9 support.
Galaxy613

Post by Galaxy613 »

Does anyone have a DLL compiled that supports DX9 and 8? because I'm afarid I'll screw soemthing up. :?
rgs

precompilied dll

Post by rgs »

I'm going to have to ask the same thing because I can't get directx 9 to work no matter what I do. Can someone upload a .dll somewhere for download, please?