Let's have a contest!

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
saigumi

Post by saigumi »

How's everyones demos comming?

So far, there have been 3 entries...

They don't have to be complicated, just show off your talents.

Pharoseer and I put in about 5 hours yesterday on ours. It's a little interactive snowball fight. The last step left is to add the very simplistic AI.
Crud, how do I do this again?
butelo

about the contest

Post by butelo »

milkshape or even 3dsmax has a demo version i don´t know exactly, but i think is fully functional for 30 days may we use that demos?
another question, discreet has a free model program thinking for game design, can we use that program, gmax i think
saigumi

Post by saigumi »

Using demos of the software is legal to make models. milkShape demo license says that you can use the app for a limited time, but the models you make are your property.

Using a demo milkshape and winning a license for it sounds interesting.

Only a few more days left. I haven't had much time to finish what I was working on and got caught up in my main project so I'm going to release my 1/2 working app for everyone to tear apart tonight.

Post by Guest »

Is there some place to upload a demo to.[/quote]
saigumi

Post by saigumi »

If you don't have anywhere to put it, you can upload it to eve-corp.com

FTP: ftp.eve-corp.com
USER: contest@eve-corp.com
PASS: contest

This login will be valid til the end of today (CST - GMT-6)
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

To bad, I would have liked to announce the winners of the contest on irrlicht.sf.net, but now I am away for a week. When I'm back, and the winners are determineted, the first thing I'll do is to announce them. And I'm looking forward to see the demos :)

Post by Guest »

What happened to the demos.
saigumi

Post by saigumi »

The two entries were:

Dark Whoopy's PacBot
FleshCrawler's Campfire

KnightOfLight said that his snowman demo wasn't part of the entry, but I liked it.

I liked both of them and each showed off different parts of the engine.

Since there were only two entries, it's a tie.

DarkWhoopy + FleshCrawler, send me an email so I have a place to have Chumbalasoft send your Milkshape Registration codes.
[/url]
Last edited by saigumi on Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
CM

Post by CM »

Saigumi did you get the demo I uploaded to your ftp the other day.I allready have Milkshape I was just wondering if you got it or if it wouldn't run for you.
saigumi

Post by saigumi »

Geez, I completely forgot to check that. (It's been a long holiday.)

Bravo.

This demo has terrain, triangle selectors, a quick "head towards player" AI on a fearsome creature. My wife now thinks I'm insane because I started laughing, but the look on that pig is hilarious. Especially the death animation. The respawning of it is sweet.

Link
CM

Post by CM »

Thanks, I hope the code isn't to ugly.I was putting things in and out trying different things.First time I ever sent a demo anywhere.The engine is nice and easy to pickup and start playing with.Thanks Niko.
DarkWhoppy

Post by DarkWhoppy »

saigumi wrote:The two entries were:

Dark Whoopy's PacBot
FleshCrawler's Campfire

DarkWhoopy + FleshCrawler, send me an email so I have a place to have Chumbalasoft send your Milkshape Registration codes.
I can't seem to find your email address anywhere :? So i'm just gonna send you a PM.