Mupolis engine, known earlier as Virtual City, site moved!

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki

Post by Guest »

i cannot extract the file, winrar says its corrupt!
don_Pedro

Post by don_Pedro »

I don't know why, it was compressed with 7zip, maybe thats a check? Or you tried to download once again?

Post by Guest »

Look at the filesize if it is smaler than 4,25 MB you should redownload it. If the dl doesnt work, you can use a dl managet, for me it has worked then.
area51

Post by area51 »

It's your server doing that, the file is OK if it's downloaded in it's entirety.

Took me half a dozen times to get it all. Also your bandwidth is going to go through the roof if everyone tries multiple times.

Anyway, good work on getting the memory usage down, even more impressive than before now.
________
Essential vaaapp vaporizer
Last edited by area51 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
omaremad

Post by omaremad »

gr8 technology

well done

btw

i like the way ur engine applies reflections on certain textures but not the whole model how did u do it?

it would be usefull as it can be used for normal maps as well
don_Pedro

Post by don_Pedro »

It's strange thing with this downloading, I can download it with no problem in less than minute, but I'm in Poland and the server is in Poland. Anyway I will change the server for something more professional, I hope soon.

The entire geometry is made of cubes, on wich you may apply several deformations. In editor you may add or delete cubes, define textures of their walls, some walls may be switched of, and finally you may set up deformations. At the moment this way are made even trees, what is definitely not good solution. Generally you select cubes moving cursor by keyboard, maybe there's better way but I couldn't find it. You can also select more than one cube at the time and modify them together, you can also copy the selection. That's all what is implemented at the moment in the editor.
There's no problem with reflections, I just use EMT_REFLECTION_2_LAYER material type and that works well.
don_Pedro

Post by don_Pedro »

There should be better server tomorrow and also few other good news :wink: .
don_Pedro

Post by don_Pedro »

I was wrong, the new server is already working ;)! The great news are the engine got sponsoring now, so it have now own domains, better server, and support. there's also a chance for commercial projects based on the engine but it still will be released as opensource for everyone in future!

I will soon relaese updated demo, but all of you, who couldn't download it successfully before, surely can do it now. Following addresses of new website are working -
www.mupolis.com , www.mupolis.org .
xoset

Post by xoset »

Just borrowed a GeForce 6800Ultra.. else exactly same as other setup (below). Now get between 31 and 97 fps
xoset wrote:Just downloaded and tried this.. looks like an amazing concept.. cant wait for it to be open-source released!

Getting 24-52fps on AMD Socket A 1300Mhz, with an old Matrox G400 MAX runnig dual monitors, 512Mb SDRAM, MS XP.

Had no issues with getting stuck / falling through the ground etc. - probably down to the slower frame rate?

Keep us up-to-date with your progress!
John O

good stuff!

Post by John O »

Really like this! Looking good already. Could you post the editing environment? I'd die to test it and add some stuff. I'd also like to import my own textures. If it was possible to import Quake 3 models that would be awesome, since they're so easy to export with free tools. I'm an artist and i'd love to work on this. For free! :D
You can contact me at
ohbigme@yahoo.de (my old email address where i get a lot of spam already :) )
grayman

Post by grayman »

i can play at good speed on my pc

is an duron 1800, 394 of ram shared with my sis740 video card mupolis is cute but i dont know what is
Joe_Oliveri

Post by Joe_Oliveri »

Looking good and Congrats! This has to be one of the better Irrlicht Add-ons/games I have ever played! Again Congrats!
Irrlicht Moderator || Game Designer
Learn the basics at </dream.in.code>
Fred

Post by Fred »

Any chance of a Linux demo?
don_Pedro

Post by don_Pedro »

Unfortunately not soon, as it's directx only at the moment.
priyananda

Post by priyananda »

Great work, man!