DX9/8 not work

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
guest2

DX9/8 not work

Post by guest2 »

when i make the second tut and compile and run it and select DX8/9 it shows me something about dll and then turns the consule off
by the way the example of it in the bin/win32-visualstudio does work with DX8/9
and im using dev-c++
so whats my problem? plz help me guys
latentdisposition

Post by latentdisposition »

This question has been answered many, many times. Use the search.
"The creation of something new is not accomplished by the intellect but by the play instinct acting from inner necessity. The creative mind plays with the objects it loves."

Carl Jung
Frobozz

Re: DX9/8 not work

Post by Frobozz »

guest2 wrote:when i make the second tut and compile and run it and select DX8/9 it shows me something about dll and then turns the consule off
by the way the example of it in the bin/win32-visualstudio does work with DX8/9
and im using dev-c++
so whats my problem? plz help me guys
You need the Irrlicht.dll file found under the "/bin/Win32-gcc" in the Irrlicht directory. :wink:

Post by Guest »

im not sooo stupid (maybe) but i used the already placed the dll from the gcc in the system32 and it still doesnt work am i doing something wrong?
latentdisposition

Post by latentdisposition »

"The creation of something new is not accomplished by the intellect but by the play instinct acting from inner necessity. The creative mind plays with the objects it loves."

Carl Jung