Small problem

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Ultra The Vampire

Small problem

Post by Ultra The Vampire »

i know this might be a stupid little small problem but i can't find any way to fix it.

here is my source http://www.fullblowndesigns.com/source.rar

Code: Select all

------ Build started: Project: ICE_Demo, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

Linking...
ICE_DemoEngine.obj : error LNK2005: "class NPC NPC2" (?NPC2@@3VNPC@@A) already defined in gs_DemoFakeGame.obj
main.obj : error LNK2005: "class NPC NPC2" (?NPC2@@3VNPC@@A) already defined in gs_DemoFakeGame.obj
gs_DemoFakeGame.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall NPC::NPC(void)" (??0NPC@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function _$E1
ICE_DemoEngine.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall NPC::NPC(void)" (??0NPC@@QAE@XZ)
main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall NPC::NPC(void)" (??0NPC@@QAE@XZ)
../../bin/ICE_Demo.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
any idea whats the problem here?
oh yeah, i stripped out the dependencies and data files to make the source download lighter, in all the download would have been 33.1MB not it's only 1.8MB

Post by Guest »

What compiler are you using?
Frobozz

Post by Frobozz »

Anonymous wrote:What compiler are you using?
He's using Visual Studio. As to what version, I'd say .NET. :wink:
Ultra The Vampire

correct.
Visual studio .NET 2003

Post by Guest »

I only have Dev C++. :(

the example compiles with no trouble.
Ultra The Vampire

maybe i should switch to dev
Fred

Post by Fred »

Wild shot in the dark - do you have two include files with exactly the same #ifndef?

For example:

#ifndef __SOURCE_FILE_H
#define __SOURCE_FILE_H

#endif

And do you have these in every header file you have created?