irrlicht the gane engine

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
Emil_halim

Post by Emil_halim »

if niko want to implement any one of my class ,he may do it or ask me.

so i think niko know the class,and did not want to include them

so i insist to do it by our self
X_for_Extra

Post by X_for_Extra »

If I remember correctly, Nicos intention is for irrlicht to be light and simple to use, so chucking in stuff that isn't strictly needed for 3d rendering is counter productive.

Perhaps you would be better off getting involved in the communities that centre on modding quake I/II (which are GPL now as I understand it). There are several pretty cool ones around, and you have a solid tool chain already set up.
Or a game engine project like realm forge.
Should put something witty here I suppose.
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

lmfao do you all realise you are doing the same to me as I did you a few people attacking me personally and for what?

do you think my feelings will get hurt? lord i hope none of you are that stupid.

my comments aren't personal attacks they are very concrete obvious facts that you posted not me. you can hate me if you want I don't care.

you can avoid using guice because you dislike as well but you would only be hurting yourself because again I do not care.

I've failed to receive much help on these forums to begin with and watched almost all of you waste the schooling that was so valiantly handed to you for you to misuse.

I don't call anyone a noob unless they are one either and it doesn't stop you from doing it on multiplayer games when there is anonymity.

You are all a bunch of hypocrite whiners that need to spend your time focused on your work and education rather then bashing the community smartypants.

and if I make you want to quit.. then it's a sign you need to do something else with your life I'm afraid because nothing you or anyone else could say will turn me off from game design.

I make it quiet clear how I feel and most of you obviously take it the wrong way or never finish reading my posts.. I'm not attacking anyone I'm having a good time and you are ruining it I'm sorry your girlish heart can't take my distinguished persona.

@saiuhfdpa [quote: all men were born noobs even you were one

This is true and you always will be. you wanted personal attack and there you go. 8)

too bad your pee brain probably won't comprehend I noticed from your spelling that you took my advice on google toolbar. 8)

@ vgmdev [quote: Midnight's avitar must been when his house was hit by lightting...

hahaha wtf are you talking about? btw are you romanian by chance?
french maybe?

Ok I'm done here this is too much fun.
eXodus

Post by eXodus »

Omaremad
The reason why Irrlicht is doing so well lies with its level of abstraction. No matter what project you think of, Irrlicht will most likely fit the need.

On the other hand, a game engine is usually highly coupled with a single game. At most, it will be reusable for another game of the same genre.

What do you think you will get with an engine centered on a precise type of game? An overestimated project made by amateurs on a part-time basis. Let alone the fact that most -all- of its parts will be made of half-baked community projects.

All of you are bitching about Midnight's opinion but he's the most realistic on this one. Given enough time, you'll understand the difference between optimism and a total lack of judgement.
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

eXodus wrote:Omaremad
The reason why Irrlicht is doing so well lies with its level of abstraction. No matter what project you think of, Irrlicht will most likely fit the need.

On the other hand, a game engine is usually highly coupled with a single game. At most, it will be reusable for another game of the same genre.

What do you think you will get with an engine centered on a precise type of game? An overestimated project made by amateurs on a part-time basis. Let alone the fact that most -all- of its parts will be made of half-baked community projects.

All of you are bitching about Midnight's opinion but he's the most realistic on this one. Given enough time, you'll understand the difference between optimism and a total lack of judgement.
couldn't have said it better myself.

no really if I'm not poking someone in the eye I feel really bad about myself...

what thats what you were waiting for me to say wasn't it?
see how stupid that sounds...

I have a theory that most people get so angry by the first few lines of my post they go BLIND and start clicking the magic button till they have successfully torn themselfs down to what they call "my level" which somehow seems surprisingly higher to me then theres. hmm what if. heh
bal

Post by bal »

Come on people, this is still a forum about programming and graphic engines. There's absolutely no need for all that emotional chit-chat about who's offended who.
General Tools List
General FAQ
System: AMD Barton 2600+, 512MB, 9600XT 256MB, WinXP + FC3
vermeer

Post by vermeer »

so true
Finally making games again!
http://www.konekogames.com
etcaptor

Post by etcaptor »

Yes, we no needs from comparisons. If I'm the best boxer in this forum, I suppose :D , this can't make me a better programmer. We learn more things always from betters. Yes, always exist someone better from you. He can be your teacher. If we start some measuring of the dicks :lol: /I don't know that is right english sentence, but in my country sound like this/ we can't get more good results and will lose our time.
Last edited by etcaptor on Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Site development -Rock and metal online
--- etcaptor.com ------freenetlife.com
etcaptor

Post by etcaptor »

Now, about this topic:
I congratulate Omar and Emil for sharing of their sources. I personally make own AI class, because this way is easy for me /I made some revisions of my scool maths knowlege and this is a fun/.
One good idea is starting of opensource project about this and all people which have time and willingness can be part of this team. Whether similar project will be a part of engine - this is another theme.
For example one project can be "AI for Irrlicht", and another "Irrlicht shaders collection".
ImageImage
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

I don't know about you but I'm not measuring anyones dick. lol
etcaptor

Post by etcaptor »

Look, this is a merrily :D
Thanks for you work on GUICE, I'm still not begin using of GUI in my apps. Good work! How you plan to create user export in GUICE, like XML?
ImageImage
grayman

Post by grayman »

if somebody understand please translate

pienso que irrlicht es de lo mejor que hay sabiendo que hay tantas alternativas en motores 3d irrlicht trinfa por su sencillez, en vez estar peleando por bobadas deberiamos unir esfuerzos por hacer de esta comunidad algo mas fuerte y colaborativa, uniendo esfuerzos para hacer cosas grandes, pienso que lo mas urgente es hacer una base de conocimiendo sobre todos los temas concernientes tales como shaders, animacion, texturizado, AI en fin y hacer que los proyectos aparte del irrlicht se incorporen y adquieran mas seriedad, me refiero a los exportadores y a todas las utilidades que se pueden hacer para hacer el desarrollo de juego mas agil, en fin.

irrlicht rules
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

translation:
I think Irrlicht is the best around knowing there are so many alternatives regarding to 3d engines; Irrlicht wins for its simpleness. Instead of arguing for such foolishness I think we should join efforts to make this community stronger and more cooperative; join efforts to do big things. I think the most important thing to do now would be a knowledge database covering all the topics regarding to Irrlicht such as: shaders, animation, texturing, AI, etc. And also make the external projects, like exporters,utilities and tools to make game development faster, become more serious and better integrated into the engine. ....whatever

Irrlicht rules.
omaremad
Competition winner

Post by omaremad »

thanks for the translation. :D

i think the last 2 words are french for in the end
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

etcaptor wrote:Look, this is a merrily :D
Thanks for you work on GUICE, I'm still not begin using of GUI in my apps. Good work! How you plan to create user export in GUICE, like XML?
LoL look at this it's the perfect example of ... 8)

Thank you so much. As Guice is nearing a complete version it will be integrated with XML and be given the ability to export in this format yes.

I didn't get much response from guice in the beginning but as the project moves on and especially the latest version has gotten a LOT of response.

The COMMUNITY has breathed new life into my motivation and guice itself. It's even come as far as receiving appreciation in OTHER threads. :wink:

I can see how far a simple GUI upgrade can go for making something professional looking. My goal is to form my own GUI classes for Irrlicht.
(I have come far enough to think about it at least nobody should take this too seriously it's a lot of work and may not fit my schedule)

I think this community is far too strong not to succeed in anything I've stress tested thoroughly. 8)