N-3d - a 3d ninja game.

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
ljdp

N-3d - a 3d ninja game.

Post by ljdp »

I am wanting to do a copy of a game called 'n'

http://www.harveycartel.org/metanet/n.html

but in 3d, once ive done a basic copy i would like to add multiplayer support and vehicles etc..

I can do basic c++, but good at modeling. if anyone wants to help me with the programming i would be very happy for you to do so.

Post by Guest »

yes because multiplayer + vehicles = Great game

how is it you plan to make this game in 3d???

why don't you clone something that could actually use vehicles?

or heres an idea THINK FOR YOURSELF.

create your own charactors don't just rip them out of 2d games and stick them in 3d add a few vehicles and some friends...

I give up you people suck at game design let me tell ya.

Post by Guest »

uhmmm your an smartypants...
Quall

Post by Quall »

I really don't mind If you create a copy of that game, in 3d. I mean, how many tetris clones, breakout clones, or any other game clones can be found on the net? I myself am making a clone of another game.

I don't know who the second poster thinks he is, but people that are just getting into coding, game design, and graphic design don't just start off with complicated projects with new and amazing ideas.

But, I don't see how you will be able to make a game like this as multiplayer OR with vehicals.
Quall

Post by Quall »

duplicate post, sry
SilentFuture

Post by SilentFuture »

Before you make a basic copy, think what you want to add later else you could run into problems.

As the orginal game is based in a "room" adding vehicles would be hard if you also choose that your game is set into rooms.

So here now how i would make it:

Scene: Puting the Game into an Outdoor scene with nice asian buildings and landscape. (Its a Ninja game ;))

Gameplay: Lets say the ninja has to get Diamonds or something else in a given time, if he gets all Diamonds the level ends.

Multiplay: Let the Player start at random positions and then running for the diamonds, the one who have the most at end is the winner

Vheicles: Later added, can be used by the player to get faster fom point a to b but it needs a bigger level

This will be a very basic game, but it could be extended later with many other features.