Sky Box resize??

You are an experienced programmer and have a problem with the engine, shaders, or advanced effects? Here you'll get answers.
No questions about C++ programming or topics which are answered in the tutorials!
Pr3t3nd3r

Sky Box resize??

Post by Pr3t3nd3r »

My basic questions is:
http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/ ... 5f16d13cb2

But i don't understant why changing the size of the bos is not afecting the texture . (biger size sould mean farther away planes(Vertices)).

Or changing the scale of skynode ... with the changest to code :P
//core::matrix4 mat;
core::matrix4 mat = AbsoluteTransformation;

and i don't realy understant why the fov of the camera is changing the skybox display ... (some how i think that sould hapen because the triver is using (probabily) the fov of camera) ....
But why pozitioning the Vertices at diferent distance don't affect the render ?

And i don't wan't to know that this is a bug ... because i already know that ... how to fix'it...
CZestmyr

Post by CZestmyr »

I think it is not a bug. Skyboxes are meant to be static and non-resizeable. And by the way, resiying can't help you. The vertices may be further, but the angles remain the same.

BTW. What do you want this effect for and why can't it be dione by changing the fov?
Pr3t3nd3r_guest

Post by Pr3t3nd3r_guest »

Why the angle remains the same ??? If you use an box scene node? isn't it drawn with vertices too?

can't use fov because:
1. fov is non linear
2 changing fov is changing the size of the models ...
... if I'm thinking ... it is possible ... changing the distance of the camera to the objects and all the stuff related to camera (strange workaround)

.... but i don't understand vertices aren't point in space? if you move one point in space the angle sould change (some how they stay the same and you are rigt :D)...

my game ... is www.evolutionvault.net
I want to see bigger portions of the sky box ... and this way the stars and graphic of it will luck more nice
pr3t3nd3r_guest

Post by pr3t3nd3r_guest »

but is not working too good because i want to use big value of FOV (to get a big part of the texture displayed) and that way the textures of sky box and the models will be deformed ...
Pr3t3nd3r

Post by Pr3t3nd3r »

don't get it

i changed
Material[0] = mat;
Material[0].Texture1 = front;
Vertices[0] = video::S3DVertex(-l*2,-l,-l, 0,0,1, video::SColor(255,255,255,255), o, t);
Vertices[1] = video::S3DVertex( l*2,-l,-l, 0,0,1, video::SColor(255,255,255,255), t, t);

... l*2 and the angle's change ... but why changing l on all pozition the angle's get's the same ...

even:
Vertices[0] = video::S3DVertex(-l/2,-l/2,-l/2, 0,0,1, video::SColor(255,255,255,255), o, t);
Vertices[1] = video::S3DVertex( l/2,-l/2,-l/2, 0,0,1, video::SColor(255,255,255,255), t, t);
Vertices[2] = video::S3DVertex( l/2, l/2,-l/2, 0,0,1, video::SColor(255,255,255,255), t, o);
Vertices[3] = video::S3DVertex(-l/2, l/2,-l/2, 0,0,1, video::SColor(255,255,255,255), o, o);

so basicaly when i'm scaling the cube the verticles get further away and change their pozition (biger rectangle) ... and the view is the same ... (angles)

Basicaly you are rigt no mather wat size is the skyBox the projection is the same :D.
and because i wan't to the space to be izometric (same on all direction) ...i must use box .... and the only way to change the fov :P is changing the fov of camera :cry:

Or if the projection is not 1/1 .... (distance and size increase) ... but this is not possble because is is a BOX :?

This is like an paradox ... you change the box size but you see the same think.....

... the only possibility wil be using 2 cameras (2 scene managers?) and with one fov drawing the sky box and wit other one drawing all scene ...

any help ? :D