Features of Irrlicht.net

Irrlicht.Net is no longer developed or supported, Irrlicht.Net Cross Platform is a much more complete wrapper. Please ask your C# related questions on their forums first.
Kelshan

Features of Irrlicht.net

Post by Kelshan »

Greetings!

I'm totally new to Irrlicht, but it looks very nice and I want to use it for my upcoming project. Since I'm primarily using CSharp for coding at the moment, Irrlicht.net seems to be what I need now.

But what I'm interested in: Which features of the C++-Version of Irrlicht are already ported to C# (.net), and which aren't or are too buggy to use them? I'm not interested in every little Feature, but the most importent ones, like shadowing (is it still missing?) and such...
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

Shadows are missing, but most of the scene graph (even more with the next release, soon) is already available. In percent, I would say about 60-70% is already ported. But it's difficult to say.
shurijo

Post by shurijo »

Niko,

Is the ITerrainSceneNode on the ver 0.12 .NET feature list?

thanks
Kelshan

Post by Kelshan »

Thank you for your immediate answer. After my first look, I think it's a fantastic piece of work. :D Looking forward for the features that are ported and implemented in the upcoming versions.

I guess, shaders aren't implemented yet, too? Haven't found it yet...
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

Just download 0.12.0, shadows and terrain already is in. Shaders not yet, but maybe next version.
Kelshan

Post by Kelshan »

Oh, very nice. :) The Wrapper gets better and better. ;) If shaders are supported, Irrlicht has everything I need for now, so it would be VERY nice to see it within the next version.

Great work so far (have to say it again and again ;)).
Genis

Post by Genis »

hey, I have been looking around the .net API pages and I can't find IMeshBuffer. Is this not in the wrapper yet, or is there a new way to go about using it?

Thanks

P.S.
If it isn't ready, no big deal.

Im just wondering not trying to be pushy