Irrlicht and Visual Studio.NET intellisense : don't working

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
eviral

Irrlicht and Visual Studio.NET intellisense : don't working

Post by eviral »

Hello,

I lost intellisense for my Irrlicht objects under Visual Studio.NET 2002 SP1.

When i create an irrlicht object and begin to type -> on my keyword, i don't have any intellisense dropdown list to show me the methods of the class...

How can i solve that ???

intellisense was working for me a few days ago but i had to format my disk partition and to resinstall everything...

Thanks !!!

Eviral

Post by Guest »

It never worked for me, so if someone knows how to make this work please tell us ;) Thanks!
cpprules

Post by cpprules »

Well first of all 2002 is not a stable version. You should try excluding namespaces, and typing irr:: core:: and stuff.
It works for me most of the time.
CRPG, FRPG, Oblivion Fan
Hater of Counter Strike (i hate it so much damn it)
pfo

Post by pfo »

If you lose intellisense, you can force the comiler to get it back. To do this, clean the project you're working on (Build->Clean) then exit MSDEV. Now find you're intellisense database in the project folder and delete it. Re-open your project, intellisense will be rebuilt and will probably last for a few hours until you have to do this again. It's a real pain, I wish there were an easier way, but it's Microsoft so what are you going to do?