Animating a mesh

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Frobaz 2.0

Animating a mesh

Post by Frobaz 2.0 »

Hi everyone. I followed the tutorials for loading an animated mesh and animating it but for some reason, it doesnt work for me. I load up the .3ds file which displays on the screen fine. The problem has to do with setting the frame loop I think because it returns false but I am not sure why. Can someone please give me some insight to what I might do to fix this either code or .
Thanks,
Frobaz
Browndog

Post by Browndog »

I dont use 3ds so I dont know but I dont think a .3ds file contains animation, I could be wrong. You need to export to .x or somthing that conatains animation.

Post by Guest »

Try it with the meshviewer example first. If Animation shows up you can continue. 3DS supports animation but not all exporters do in fact export that part. Blender 3DS export does not do any animation data. Go for .X
Frobaz

Post by Frobaz »

I am animating several vertex positions of the single object and I was wondering if this could have anything to do with the problems I have been encountering...
panoramix

Post by panoramix »

yes, animating vertex positions does not seem to get exported to a .3ds (not even using 3ds max)... try using another export format (.x should do it).

Post by Guest »

Ill try it but dont blame me if it doesnt work, ok?