problem with example 2

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
irrlichttester

problem with example 2

Post by irrlichttester »

hi,

i followed example 2 step by step but it doesn't work like expected.

i can't move. the cursor keys have no effect. the mouse cursor is visible even if it shouldn't and it's locked at the center. f10 has no effect and it's very tricky to end the engine because the mouse can't be used in the task manager. :)

what could be the problem?

and something else: i use a geforce4 with 2 monitors and the engine window always opens between the monitors. how could i prevent that?
bearSoft

Post by bearSoft »

by example 2 do u mean the 02.Quake3Map tutorial?
there is nothing in the example regarding key f10 -however!-
windows does something!
f10 removes the focus of the game and then the game seams to be 'frozen'. to gain game focus and control just press f10 againg and u can move in the quakemap again
-dont think this has to do with irr at all
Regards.
Tech: win98se| 320mb ram| abitbe6| 433mhzceleron| atiRadeon7000.64mb| soundblaster125| dx9.0b | devCPP | IRR 0.12.0 |

Post by Guest »

yes, i mean the quake tutorial.

but usually (with the demos in the bin example) f10 does what you have said. but if i follow the tutorial and compile it myself (with code::blocks and the vc2003 toolkit) then f10 has absolutely no effect!? and i have the other problems i described...