Meshes and Collision... for noobs

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
invid

Meshes and Collision... for noobs

Post by invid »

I have just begun a serious attempt at building a project with Irrlicht, I have loaded a booleaned 3DS block mesh into a project, started building a wrapper class to automate some of Irrlicht's features etc. But I am wondering... Isn't there an easy way to simply set a mesh to "solid", so that the camera does not pass through it? Or do I need to create a collsion node and pass in the coordinates for every mesh I import? I am using c# - does anyone have a basic example of a mesh that has some collsion setup for it?

Thanks!!!
sudi

Post by sudi »

Just take the loaded object and pass it to the metaselector and than atach the metaeselector with the collisionresponse animator to your camera. ever further node you add to the metaselector should have collision detection with the camera......
but actually i think if you would have read the tutorials you could have figured out it yourself....
We're programmers. Programmers are, in their hearts, architects, and the first thing they want to do when they get to a site is to bulldoze the place flat and build something grand. We're not excited by renovation:tinkering,improving,planting flower beds.
invid

Post by invid »

I have read through the collision tutorial, but haven't successfully translated the code to c#, I was hoping someone would have some advice on creating collision in c#.

Thanks.