We love you Niko

Irrlicht.Net is no longer developed or supported, Irrlicht.Net Cross Platform is a much more complete wrapper. Please ask your C# related questions on their forums first.
WalterWzK

We love you Niko

Post by WalterWzK »

Lol, i think i can say that my team was the first interested in irrlicht in combination with .NET (Visual Basic), and although the concept was there irrlicht wasnt really into .NET yet...

By releasing the latest build with more compatibility, adding a status at the development page and even giving it a place in the forum i just got 4 words

WE LOVE YOU NIKO

Thank you very much for your work, and especially on the .NET part.
In our words: YOU ROCK DUDE!

Sorry for spamming the forum with this, but I just had to mention it.
Current Project: Don Salvatore's Mafia
Genre: 3D Shooter \ RTS
Programming Language: VB .NET
Engine: Irrlicht 11 [.NET Wrapper]
Joe_Oliveri

Post by Joe_Oliveri »

No, It's fine many of us agree with you!

NIKO DOES ROCK!
Irrlicht Moderator || Game Designer
Learn the basics at </dream.in.code>
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

Hehe, thanks :)
HopeDagger

Post by HopeDagger »

I'm loving every step of Irrlicht.NET so far, and I can't wait to see more additions to it as time progresses. Excellent work!
onGameDev - Game development with some "umph"!

Blog of a Wanderer - The trials of a nomadic programmer.
Surp

Post by Surp »

I just came across Irrlicht.NET and first impressions are excellent compared to other .NET supported engines. It's particularly easy to get started which is important if you want to attract the .NET crowd :)
Great job, and I'm looking forward to additional support for the wrapper.

Post by Guest »

Can somebody please tell what advantages that .net stuff has. I think the whole campaign got started from a monopolist, so its that suspicious that i did not care until now. So what's the fuzz all about?

Post by Guest »

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/produ ... fault.aspx

Yes, I know it's an MS site but it will give you an "Executive View" of what the .NET programming paradigm is all about.

In a nutshell, think of Java, "write once, run anywhere". The only issue with Java is that you had to "learn Java"... If you were comfortable with say C++, it was a task to have to learn yet another language in order to enjoy cross-platform features. Your C++ programming wouldn't be all that useful.

With the .NET system, you can use use the language you're comfortable with (as long as there is a .NET compliant version) and write your code. There are versions of C++, Eiffel, Python and others that are .NET compliant (or working towards it).

Write game code in a .NET compliant language, compile it to an "Intermediate Language" (IL) and have it execute in the .NET enviroment. By example, mixing C++.NET for your game core and Python (IronPython) for a game logic scripting interface is greatly simplified.

It's a simplififed answer, but a VERY powerful programming concept.

Don't like MS? Mono is a .NET enviroment being funded by Novell working towards 100% .NET compliancy.

Personally, I for one have been won over by C# and will be using the Irrlicht .NET engine, DirectX and C# to build my simulation along with IronPython for scripting... 8)