camera collision (doesnt work, help please)

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
jinjo

camera collision (doesnt work, help please)

Post by jinjo »

I am using the cam attach code in the wiki in my project to do a 3rd person camera.

I am also using newton sdk for physics in my game but i calculated the collision selector stuff for my level too and thought id use this on the camera. however when i add the collision selector to the cam node it doesnt collide with it.

Any tips?

thanks.
bearSoft

Post by bearSoft »

not a lot of info..
a month back some one posted a fulle example '3rd person camera'
u can try to search for that -there was no physics engine involved
Regards.
Tech: win98se| 320mb ram| abitbe6| 433mhzceleron| atiRadeon7000.64mb| soundblaster125| dx9.0b | devCPP | IRR 0.12.0 |

Post by Guest »

sorry, i know i never put a lot of info but i havnt got the code handy but i used the code from the collision tutorial from the sdk and the cam attach code for 3rd person camera from the wiki on this site.

however when moving my character (the cam scene node is attached too him) the camera just goes through the walls.

sorry but thats the best i can describe it.
thanks.
Miik3h

Post by Miik3h »

Does the charactor go through walls or just the camera?,

Are you using Newtons Collision Detection or Irrlichts Collision Detection???

If you are using Newton for physics, you should also use it for collision detection... in which case if you are just "pulling" your camera around updating it with setPostion, ect... it wont work... you need to use newton forces...