Collision Animators - can they animate before the 'drawall'

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Alien

Collision Animators - can they animate before the 'drawall'

Post by Alien »

Okay, say i have a camera with a collision animator.

scene::ISceneNodeAnimator* anim = smgr->createCollisionResponseAnimator(mapSelector, camera, core::vector3df(30*SCALE,60*SCALE,30*SCALE), //sphere
core::vector3df(0,0,0),///gravity
core::vector3df(0,HEADOFFSET,0));

camera->addAnimator(anim);

And it works great. When i use the 'set position' command, it doesn't walk into walls. However, the animator only acts when you tell the scene to update by using the 'draw all' command. Is it possible to tell the animator to do its stuff before hand?

I guess what i'm trying to do is have a cross hair. I have a billboard node which positions itself to where a line coming straight from the player camera interesects with the ground. The effect is for a crosshair which tells you how far your shooting. The code is straight out of the collision example, but u'll notice that when you move the camera to look around the billboard always lags behind because its being moved before the camera is moved. Is it possible to make such a crosshair that doesn't lag behind ?

Post by Guest »

I read through the source code and worked out a solution so nm. If anyones interested i'll explain how to fix it
panoramix

Post by panoramix »

I would like to hear it. Please explain what/where you applied your fix.