to do or not to do ....

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
Pr3t3nd3r

to do or not to do ....

Post by Pr3t3nd3r »

Let me start with the begining. :D

1. I'm a little(verry :d) bored. I want new thinks. I chech the irrlicht forum 3 times a day (whan i have time ...). Nothik new .. :(

2.About the irrlicht projects
a. what is the connection betwin rabcat and irrlicht ?
b. eve .. is not a game ... (ignore this comment :D)
c. Alpha Foundation ... link not fount ... maybe abandoned project :(
d. Afecelis Gile[s] Testrun ... verry cool ... to bad is just an test example ... (not a game)
e. Blaze ... verry nice idea too bad that the last update is 03/18/2005 18:00 EST (meaning allmoust abandoned if not already ...)
f. Dungeon Tech (not impresive yet ...) lat time updated (12/4/05) ... (meaning allmoust abandoned if not already ...)
g. Galactic Dream (my game :P) allmout completed 3D RTS, multiplayer ... the screenshots do reflect the latest changes ... (wayt few days until the new version)
h. IrrWorld (this i want to play :D) The page cannot be displayed ... ... maybe a little abandoned .. :(
i. Inevitable Online - 01/14/2005 last update probabily abandoned
j. K_game .. no new screenshots ... probabily abandoned
k. Nuclear Sparc ... don't understant the language ... why they don't like english ...
l. Paco Jones .. is a small game
m. Penguin, the Treasure Hunter! The page cannot be displayed ... (small game)
n. Quattro ... sssmall game
o. Road Wars 3D ... cool :d
p. Virtual City 12.07.2005 -- don't know if the engine is usable. (can you get source code? include file and library ...)
r. YASS 13.12.04 last release .. verry slow development ...

... basicaly there are 3 games with irrlicht, no multiplayer, no Moog, No RPG ...

My question is:
Where are the games??? Is here anybody who is makink a cool game ? moog, rpg .. shooter ...
Cool engine ... no cool game :(

Post by Guest »

i wont announce/release something before i have nothing cool to show :)
omaremad
Competition winner

Post by omaremad »

well you can try our old (very old adztec indepndent demo)
1-basic ai based on the first ai scenenode i made this code has now been rewritten in the internal updated version
2- 3d sound
3- saving
4-menu
5- blood decals
6-health bar
and other stuff

we rewrote the framework

see
screens at

http://www.adztec-independent.de/
sRc

Post by sRc »

GFXstyLER wrote:i wont announce/release something before i have nothing cool to show :)
QFT
The Bard sRc

Blog | Twitter

Post by Guest »

whats QFT? :)
Maize

Post by Maize »

Penguin hunter and alpha foundation can be found at its new home:
Pengun Hunter(~4.5mb)http://s-fonline.com/webhosting/x4861/penguin.zip
Alpha Foundation(~17mb)http://s-fonline.com/webhosting/x4861/alpha.zip

Alpha foundation looks REALLY good. Its very professional but the graphics were from nwn. The outside renders slow for my comp though. This game appears to have really high potential.
sRc

Post by sRc »

GFXstyLER wrote:whats QFT? :)
Quoted For Truth
The Bard sRc

Blog | Twitter
pr3t3nd3r_guest

Post by pr3t3nd3r_guest »

Alpha Foundation

Screenshots look relatively nice. (too bad not your own models)
This game is using models created by many people for Neverwinter Nights (http://nwn.bioware.com )
where is writing about their license? because i can't find any think.
And the game can be run only in opengl :( and not full screen. I get an verry low fps ... it takes a lot for the first dialog to appear ... that's as far as i get ...

i wont announce/release something before i have nothing cool to show
So what is that ? do you think are any chances of that? (dosn't realy mather 4 me).
I think we already have this conversation long time ago (meybe 6 monts) ...
... even if you are preparing somethink really cool and amaizing i belive that is going a little too slow ...
pr3t3nd3r_guest

Post by pr3t3nd3r_guest »

A. And an other think about the 'games' projects.

I personaly specified from the start that my game will not be open source, and the final version will be comercial.

But the rest of the projects ... don't realy get'it.
1. I'm not sure if they will be free or comercial.
2. Code sources can not be found .... even for the projects what i belive are kinda 'open source' (engine's, etc ...)

B. And what happened with the 'BIG' projects???
There were announcements about searching 'teams' for big projects. I'm not seeing any of those...

And even for the few projects that exists. Some how i'm not able to see any teams ... just one max 2 people who works at the project.
I realy belive peple what are doing the same type of game should form teams.

.... the secret for doing 'complex' cool games is Team Work ... what seems that can not realy be found ...

Post by Guest »

So what is that ? do you think are any chances of that? (dosn't realy mather 4 me).
I think we already have this conversation long time ago (meybe 6 monts) ...
... even if you are preparing somethink really cool and amaizing i belive that is going a little too slow ...
do you mean slow (slow performance-> fps) or that i need too much time for that? well i did not announce something and i did not set myself a time limit. the only thing i ever did is show a drawing of a menu concept (which i trashed btw, i will design a new one). i also released a testbuild a year ago or something like that, but that does not show the actual game since the project actually does not use a single line of that code anymore since my skills in programming/code design improved a lot since then and i rewrote it. i do this as hobby and i will release something when i think i can show it to the public . all i have right now is boxes so that would be nonsense to publish. even if i release it in 20 years, its my decision because its a hobby :)
But the rest of the projects ... don't realy get'it.
1. I'm not sure if they will be free or comercial.
2. Code sources can not be found .... even for the projects what i belive are kinda 'open source' (engine's, etc ...)
i already said it will be opensource (GPL) and i have the sourcecode on my server. i already had posted a link to that. if you want to see it, fine, wait until i have made a website for that (which i am currently working on, too!)

so sorry about that :)

ps: and now i have to kick my funking mother right in her funking face!!!! i hate her so much damn it!! whore!!!!! :evil:

ps2: i also work alone on this project so thats why it takes a little longer (but i dont care)

Post by Guest »

GFXstyLER wrote:
ps: and now i have to kick my funking mother right in her funking face!!!! i hate her so much damn it!! whore!!!!! :evil:
WTF?
hybrid

Post by hybrid »

Probably puberty, we all had to go through, right? :roll:

Post by Guest »

@GFXStyler:

QFT could also mean:

Quit funking trolling :evil:

Post by Guest »

she got a new f*cking boyfriend i hate him. he is lazy and she does everything for him, i bet she even feeds him like a child. the bitch drinks alkohol all day, ive never seen her not drunk after 8pm for years. she also forgot that she has 3 kids, one 17 (me), one 14(my brother) and one 5(my sister).she spends nearly all the money for herself (hell the got to me a few days ago and said "look what a new nice dress i got, it was only 200€, and i asked for 8€ for school and she just said "no money" aaahrg damn her!!), she doesnt cook when this stupid moron is not there (he lives 350km away from us) , just stupid fastfood (at least i know how to cook :D thats a big advantage) . she always terrorized us and shouts and screams around, most of the time at my little sister. now this stupid bitch wants to move to that damned city where that guy lives, which would really suck because of my school. this is my last year, when i do not finish this class and move away my grades will get down, my report will get worse, i dont get an apprenticeship, i will get no work, i wont have money. my stupid brother takes drugs already, even if i told him that when i see him taking that poop i will kick his ass. life sucks. but i already thought of moving to my girlfriend. you see, enough reasons to kill that %&$§! :evil:

ps: why i call her a whore? well if you do not hear music at night you will think you are in redlight district. she could at least be quiet when she fucks that %&§! idiot. even when my friends are there.

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:@GFXStyler:

QFT could also mean:

Quit funking trolling :evil:
you are right troll, QFT ! :wink: