Map/Model problem

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
XYZ

Map/Model problem

Post by XYZ »

I ve got a question:

i read the tutorial about loading quake3 maps and quake2 models, and i tried to load an md2 map/model but i can only see some parts of it, maybe 80% are invisible. can somebody help me?

Post by Guest »

how big is the model scaled?

Post by Guest »

i tested it verx smal and very big. it loaded it into the mesh-viewer and the map was smaller than the dwarf modell, but i scaled it bigger with the same result.

Post by Guest »

wow GFXstyLER ich komm auch aus D, du knast mir auch auf deutsch antworten.

Post by Guest »

cool, but i still prefer to talk english because thats the language everyone speaks/understands here :)

i dont know a solution, though. if the model is too big then i would suggest setting the camera cliprange higher, but that doesnt seem to be the problem.

could you post a screenshot? (if you dont know where to upload files: www.imageshack.us ;) )
Versus

Post by Versus »

It is untextured, but this map should be much bigger.

--

by the way, are you the same GFXstyLER like on the 3dgs a6 forum?

Post by Guest »

yes i am, do i know you?

to your problem: im sorry, i dont know what could cause that.
Versus

Post by Versus »

i think you don´t know me, but i remember your name from the forum. i also worked with 3dgs but... the old a6 problems, you know?!

maybe it is why i exported it from MED of the a6 engine but the caligari editors .x files are incomplete, too. do i use the wrong editor?
bearSoft

Post by bearSoft »

it looks like the normals are inverted
-What is the model supose to be?
Regards.
Tech: win98se| 320mb ram| abitbe6| 433mhzceleron| atiRadeon7000.64mb| soundblaster125| dx9.0b | devCPP | IRR 0.12.0 |

Post by Guest »

the editor shows the map complete, only irrlicht shows it like that.

it should be a map.