MY3D 3.16 with irrLicht 0.12----PROBLEMS FIXED!!!!

A forum to store posts deemed exceptionally wise and useful
a128

MY3D 3.16 with irrLicht 0.12----PROBLEMS FIXED!!!!

Post by a128 »

I like the MY3D file format but had problems with the latest MY3D patches + irrlicht 0.12

MY3D 3.16 is here

http://my3dproject.nm.ru/

I found that if you only patch these files (just put that from my3d 3.16 into irrLicht)

it works fine with just

CMY3DMeshFileLoader.cpp
CMY3DMeshFileLoader.h
CMY3DHelper.h
CMY3DStuff.h

DO NOT PATCH the DirectX8+OpenGL material files...

it seem to work
r3i

Post by r3i »

Path? I must recompile Irrlicht???
"We work in the dark, we do what we can, we give what we have, Our doubt is our passion and our passion is our task. The rest: is art of Madness" (H.James)
cmoibenlepro

Post by cmoibenlepro »

I think you should post that to "bug report"
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

mmmh, as far as I know Irrlicht 0.12 has got all my3d's patches included. Only the linux version needs a tweak in opengl to get difuse maps to display properly; otherwise, it works ok in windows.
r3i

Post by r3i »

thank Afecelis.

I've already a problem with my3d: I'm using Opengl and my3d meshes doeasn't works: irrlicht says "Invalid ID_HEADER"
"We work in the dark, we do what we can, we give what we have, Our doubt is our passion and our passion is our task. The rest: is art of Madness" (H.James)
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

Which version of Irrlicht are you using? and which OS; windows or linux? Finally, which compiler? MS based or GCC based (MSVC, Devc++).

this may help us grab your prob better. :wink:
r3i

Post by r3i »

ok...don't laugh....
:D
I use: Windows Xp Tablet Edition or Windows Xp Professional
Dev-Cpp 4.9.2 with gcc compiler and of course Irrlicht 0.12 :wink:
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

you mentioned your problem was in opengl? have you tried compiling and running your app using the DX renderer?

Post by Guest »

r3i wrote:thank Afecelis.

I've already a problem with my3d: I'm using Opengl and my3d meshes doeasn't works: irrlicht says "Invalid ID_HEADER"
hey, are you loading the mesh from an archive? that is similar to the error you get when trying to load my3d meshes (+ textues) from a zip.. which still no one has reported as working (or has a fix for?).

thanks
a128

Post by a128 »

I did not load MY3D from a ZIP file.....

I had problems with the latest 3.16 exporter with gile(s) ....and irrlicht 0.12 had problems loading these meshes

but when I patched irrlicht with these files (explained in my first message) it worked.
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

Could you upload or send me your project? This way I could see what's going on better.
a128

Post by a128 »

afecelis wrote:Could you upload or send me your project? This way I could see what's going on better.
I don`t have the project (with bugs) anymore. sorry

but you can export from gile(s) with the latest exporter and load that in the original irrlicht 0.12....if it works...ok....if not try to use the new MY3D files
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

hehehe, I've never had problems with My3d!!! :wink: well, only in linux, but that was the opengl error mentioned, but it was fixed.
r3i

Post by r3i »

Hi ... sorry for the late time...i haven't tried with DirectX: tomorrow I'll see... I'm feared that is the model that doesnt work...WHy this fu****ing forum doesn't notify me replies????
Afecelis tomorrow i'll try with dx: works or not i'll send sources...

P.S.: not loading from a zip file...but I choose to compress via RLE when I export...tried another preset but doesnt works