My Latest work in Deled.

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
afecelis
Admin

My Latest work in Deled.

Post by afecelis »

Hi guys; it's been a long time since I ever posted any work, but here I am again. I became a deled pro user some days ago and started working with it again after a long time of not using it. The Deled community has an interesting "competition" called "everyone models" in which a topic is suggested, a screenshot is posted and everyone shows his work. It's not a contest with prizes or anything, but a way to motivate the community to use the tool and show their work and also share ideas and learn from one another.

Latest version of everyone models is 06:NYC building; and after feeling comfortable with Deled I decided to give it a go. Info and screenshots of my WIP here:
http://www.delgine.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 31&start=0

ps. Some shots are with the level running in Irrlicht using Il Buzzo's loader, which works great. I'll keep you guys updated, hope you like it! :wink:

ps. Something similar could be done here to motivate ppl to show their stuff, don't you think?

Post by Guest »

nice building you made there afecelis! it looks like the building where my grandma used to live a few years ago hehe.
Something similar could be done here to motivate ppl to show their stuff, don't you think?
yeah that would be nice!

ps: i still would not show something in that thread, though :D maybe later when the project grows a little more...
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

heheh, thnx GFX! You guys can't say I'm not propely representing our community, huh? :wink:
i still would not show something in that thread, though Very Happy maybe later when the project grows a little more...
don't worry, it wouldn't have to be a full-complete project. It could be something like "challenge of the week: solar system" or "boat in the ocean" or "car gallery"; any and many ideas that would encourage our users to produce that just one image using each's tools. I bet some nice discussions would be generated in every aspect, modeling, texturing, programming, etc. :wink:
cmoibenlepro

Post by cmoibenlepro »

Nice model as usual :wink:
Something similar could be done here to motivate ppl to show their stuff, don't you think?
Good idea!
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

Thats a great idea. Maybe something like 'Challenge of the month' where the first thread starts with a tutorial including textures and meshes and people expand on it to make their own additions. Everyone would benefit with at least one new tutorial and a few new scene nodes each month. Here's some ideas off the top of my head...
Mesh buffer manipulation, 3rd person following camera (quake map and crappy example camera code provided), modeling a crazy golf green (physics engine code and golf ball supplied), particle system weather simulations, shaders... ooh we could make some cool poop. Maybe you should make a poll to see who would be interested. count me in anyway!

Oh, and nice building!
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

hehehe, thnx! I'm glad ppl are reacting positively to the idea. :D

I shall give that poll a go.
afecelis
Admin

Irrlicth engine shots

Post by afecelis »

Well, these are almost final. I still need some help from the Deled team on some tips about shadows and their transparency to make them clearer.
Hope you like them:
Guesty

Post by Guesty »

you rockss :shock:
sRc

Post by sRc »

nice acefelis. i havent been by the DeleD forum since I registered and that's when the topic was created and didnt have any posts yet

sweet work :shock:
The Bard sRc

Blog | Twitter
MikeR

Post by MikeR »

I don't recall is I said anything in the deled forum, but that looks awesome.
If it exists in the real world, it can be created in 3d

Sys specs:
AMD 3700+ 64 processor
1.0 gb ram
e-Geforce 6600 graphics 256 mb onboard ram
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

thnx guys! :D and thnx trucker2000! :wink: I've also been checking your work in the deled forums and at your site. I had no idea you posted so much of your stuff over there!

Deled has truly matured into a powerful editor, hasn't it?

ps. I placed some more point lights to see if the dark areas get a bit better, but it's still lightmapping; so I'll post the new shots when they're done.

cheers!
sRc

Post by sRc »

lol if only i had the patience (and the attention span) to sit and make something with DeleD. This is the most I've done with it

broken peice of an overpass that's still standing. the model was pretty detailed but i stll had more to do before I got some good textures for it. gave up becuase I forgot it converts to triangles from quads when lightmapping and so i forgot to save a backup of it :shock:
The Bard sRc

Blog | Twitter
MikeR

Post by MikeR »

Thanks Af. Some day I'll have my "chat room" done. (have to learn some more code first)
Wish I could help you with the shadow color, but I don't know how to do that yet eather.
If it exists in the real world, it can be created in 3d

Sys specs:
AMD 3700+ 64 processor
1.0 gb ram
e-Geforce 6600 graphics 256 mb onboard ram
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

@anaconda: that's a good start! And you got it to load in Irrlicht! Keep it up! Practice makes perfect...or..no pain, no gain! heheheh :wink:
@MikeR: you'll get there. You're a fast learner. Just make sure to drop me an invitation to the opening chat. :D

I just released the model in the deled forums. I retextured it with Deled's defaults so no one has problems when opening it in Deled because of missing textures.

grab it here:
http://www.danielpatton.com/afecelis/Deled/EM06.zip

If I make any updates to the model I'll release them as well. :D
sRc

Post by sRc »

afecelis wrote:@anaconda: that's a good start! And you got it to load in Irrlicht! Keep it up! Practice makes perfect...or..no pain, no gain! heheheh :wink:
>_>
<_<

thats using the level preview plugin actually :p

actaully the loss of quads wasnt so bad as when that happened the triangles didnt become orderly but instead decided that half of them all needed to have the same intersect point :shock:

but i spent a few hours of work on it. got some nice looking I-beams supporting the road, and had started working on more of the scene (the camera's standing on another road that comes out of a tunnel... i had just started working on the tunnel entrance when i decided to lightmap the scene >_> )

i did that a week ago. it was mostly an experiment to learn DeleD (I usually use Ligtwave). been too busy since then to go at it again
The Bard sRc

Blog | Twitter