what is "seamless indoor/outdoor rendering" ???

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
michael520

what is "seamless indoor/outdoor rendering" ???

Post by michael520 »

:?:

Really don't quite understand this term, could anyone explain in details? thanks!
Fred

Post by Fred »

It's where your game renders a terrain with buildings sitting on the terrain. The player can enter and exit the with no loading, and you can look inside the building from the terrain and vice versa.

Post by Guest »

use google
Marcus Marc

Post by Marcus Marc »

@GFXstyLER:

Your help is incredible !!!! ufffff !!!! Do you realy write a post for that?
If you know tha answer you must be tell him . For that serves a forum...

Post by Guest »

its not really irrlicht related and google knows everything. there exist a million articles about seamless worlds that explains the term better than anyone of us could possibly do - so shut up complaining about my posts!

why does google even exist if nobody uses it? i couldnt live without it!
michael520

Post by michael520 »

god!

thanks for someone who tell the answer!

but I think that if everyone replys saying that "use google", then these kind of forum has no reason to be existing...
sRc

Post by sRc »

michael520 wrote:god!

thanks for someone who tell the answer!

but I think that if everyone replys saying that "use google", then these kind of forum has no reason to be existing...
quoted for truth

i use google all the time, and have been using it since it's debut. but still, this is a forum for discussing, and as such discussions are to be going on. if it was something that the person wanted to search google for, they wouldnt have asked it on here in the first place.
The Bard sRc

Blog | Twitter
elander

Post by elander »

I really don't see what this question has to do with irrlicht and advanced help.

Read the beginners help forum description:

"If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here."

This is obviously a general question so it belongs on the beginners forum. No offense. Just read what each forum is for next time.
Maize

Post by Maize »

michael520 wrote:but I think that if everyone replys saying that "use google", then these kind of forum has no reason to be existing...
1. To remind you to use google.
2. Then dont come here.

offense.
elander

Post by elander »

Maize wrote:1. To remind you to use google.
2. Then dont come here.

offense.
Reminding you to use google: is normal because lots of people don't know they can get this kind of info easly from google or just expect people to do it fot them.

Telling people don't come here: i don't see anyone telling you or the original poster to not come here.
michael520 wrote:but I think that if everyone replys saying that "use google", then these kind of forum has no reason to be existing...
You will get much better help for your generic question if you use google or a generic 3d programming site. This is already helping you.
codefuns

Post by codefuns »

I search the words "seamless indoor/outdoor rendering" with google and get a answer:

use google

hehe, just a joke, don't try it.
abecks

Post by abecks »

Im willing to bet all you "use googlers" out there that when you didnt know how to wipe your own ass your mother didnt tell you to "use google".

Get a grip and have some decency, we all start somewhere. Give the BEGINNERS in the BEGINNER FORUM a break.
stodge

Post by stodge »

beginner < "seamless indoor/outdoor rendering"

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=sea ... g%22&meta=

Looks like plenty of hits. The first few are related to the Torque engine, and one may have a good description.