incompatability?

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
cyanide

incompatability?

Post by cyanide »

emm... it seems irrlicht just won't run at my new computer (newest aldi pc, dual-core 3 ghz 32-bit processor, 64-bit compatable motherboard, 1024 mb ram, nvidia 7600 xl 128 mb graphics card...

does it happen to others too?

(it just closes the moment it opens the newly compiled exe. doing nothing at all. not even the network code that's supposed to be executed first. what's wrong?)
bearSoft

Post by bearSoft »

outch! i had my eyes on that pc -dident follow through..
Very important isue. Key part: 64 bit..
But first, Have u made sure that the drivers are correctly placed and references to resourses are done correctly??

Then start looking at
*directx (btw have u tried openGL and both dx renders??!!)
*conflicts in hardware

I think u need a new post that adresses the 64 bit architechture. Finding an user with exact the same pc as ur own is unlikely

Does everything else run smoothly on ur new pc? What about blender?
Regards.
Tech: win98se| 320mb ram| abitbe6| 433mhzceleron| atiRadeon7000.64mb| soundblaster125| dx9.0b | devCPP | IRR 0.12.0 |

Post by Guest »

Are you actually running it in 64 bit (with Winxp 64?) if you are using regular 32bit XP but have a 64 bit CPU it makes no difference. Irrlicht runs fine here on an AMD64 3400+ with WinX-pro (32bit).

To get the full potential out of 64 bit CPU you need WinXP64 but if irrlicht doesn't run on that, that is understandable because that is not within system requirements.

If you are running a 32 bit os then there must be a driver problem somewhere

Post by Guest »

OK just realised you haven't got 64bit cpu but duel 32bit. So it is a duel CPU problem? You need to eliminate all driver possiblities first. ALso can you run the pc in forced single cpu mode or something to test it?

possible threading issue?

Hope you can get to the bottom of this... doesn't sound good.