Reading XML files with irrXML

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding game design, integration of external libraries here. For irrEdit, irrXML and irrKlang, see the
ambiera forums
evo

Post by evo »

Try this instead of the strcmp

Code: Select all

if (core::stringw("screenx") == xml->getNodeName())
hybrid

Post by hybrid »

Sudi wrote:Thanks hybrid but u aren't helping
This ain't funny anymore, #?!%$ :evil:
Do you really think that I am to write your program from scratch? I gave you lots of advice so here's the one I shouldd have started with:
Go and learn to program. Don't come back before you learned to debug your apps. Or ask GFXstyler, he might find the correct words better than me.
sudi

Post by sudi »

Sry hybrid i didn't mean to offend u. but it was like crazy i used the exact code from the tutorial and it didn't work! so i thought maybe someone here could type just the one line of code so that it works. and just to let u know i'm able to programm that's why i now wrote my own config parser for textfiles, and that works how i expect it to work....but when i started i thought maybe its better and of course less time intensive to use tool which are already made for such a job.
Oh and to get back to the point....Sry for my last post!
We're programmers. Programmers are, in their hearts, architects, and the first thing they want to do when they get to a site is to bulldoze the place flat and build something grand. We're not excited by renovation:tinkering,improving,planting flower beds.
hybrid

Post by hybrid »

Ok, monday was a hard day for me as well. I'd probably have read your post different otherwise. So back to the works!
There had been some posts about parsers for typical windows config files in the project forum. Did you check whether the IrrXML 1.2 API did some changes which could have helped? There had been another thread these days complaining about failig string comparisons.