Early Chimera Screenshots

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Reiyn

Early Chimera Screenshots

Post by Reiyn »

Larger View: http://www3.telus.net/reiyn/screenshots.jpg

Features list so far: List File

Yes, this is my first programming project and it's somewhat ambitious, ...I'm not trying to make an MMO but an online rpg ;) Made the models and textures obviously, except the skybox =/ (Need to figure out how to hand paint a panorama) Anyhow, thought I'd post some screens 'cause I think it's starting to look cool :)

I suck so much at programming lol. I wanna' thank all the forum regulars, I DO use the search function alot =P and appreciate all the help available. I feel like I leech so much from the community -- I should be more involved. I'm sure there are others who frequently visit the board and keep upto date with Irrlicht yet don't post often. ...Thank you very much for a great engine, Niko =) Go go 0.15!
Reiyn
Creating "Chimera", an Online RPG
DAoC - Guinevere - Druid rr11
WoW - Gorgonnash - Druid 55
Conquistador

Post by Conquistador »

Look sweet, good job!
Royal Hamilton Light Infantry - http://www.rhli.ca
Paris/Port Dover Pipes'n Drums - http://www.parisdover.ca
Maize

Post by Maize »

That looks really good. I cant wait to be able to play it. I know it might be a little bit late to change the name but isnt "Chimera" the name of the disease/poison type stuff in Mission Impossible 2? Other then that, like I said, looks great.
sRc

Post by sRc »

Maize wrote:That looks really good. I cant wait to be able to play it. I know it might be a little bit late to change the name but isnt "Chimera" the name of the disease/poison type stuff in Mission Impossible 2? Other then that, like I said, looks great.
chimera, in greek mythology, was a fire-breathing female monster with a lion's head and a goat's body and a serpent's tail; daughter of Typhon

the term is used to refer to an individual containing cells of two or more different tissues.
The Bard sRc

Blog | Twitter
Eternl Knight

Post by Eternl Knight »

Looks pretty sweet, mate. Love the extensions you've done on the GUI tools too. Is the inventory "drag & drop"? Cos if so, I have to tip my hat to you (I'm having a real bitch of a time getting that to work nicely in my project)

--EK
Maize

Post by Maize »

Thanks for clearing that up man.

@Reiyn, I was wondering if you could post a screenshot of character creation too. There was one other question I wanted to ask you....oh what was it.....oh yes, how long did it take for you to get this far?
area51

Post by area51 »

Coolest screenshots to date :D
________
M70
Last edited by area51 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlindSide
Admin

Re: Early Chimera Screenshots

Post by BlindSide »

Reiyn wrote: I suck so much at programming lol. I wanna' thank all the forum regulars, I DO use the search function alot =P and appreciate all the help available. I feel like I leech so much from the community -- I should be more involved. I'm sure there are others who frequently visit the board and keep upto date with Irrlicht yet don't post often. ...Thank you very much for a great engine, Niko =) Go go 0.15!
I am very much like you, I feel like I owe alot to the board and linking to my contest entries is an attempt to pay some back. Though I must admit I cannot really make something as beautiful or ambitious as yours at this time and they are just really simple games (that had a strict timeline). I will hope to get source soon!

Very nice work! Keep it up!

- BlindSide
dawasw

Post by dawasw »

This is looking incredible !

I'm so loved with your project, that I'm thinking if there is any point to release some early LOTR version.

Your project looks the best I've seen so far.

PS I downloaded those binaries on sreenshot's site, but it looks like Game Server is down atm. :P
dawasw

Post by dawasw »

http://www3.telus.net/reiyn/ui_oct2.jpg

OMG the shot above is from your game ?

This thing is really increadible wonderful.

Edited: oops my mistake, it looks like it is some game called Akh Velahr :P hmm it looks great anyway :P
pfo

Post by pfo »

Looks nice BlindSide
Made the models and textures obviously, except the skybox =/ (Need to figure out how to hand paint a panorama)
Try using Bryce (any version) there are several tutorials on the net on how to make a skybox with it, and its pretty easy.
area51

Post by area51 »

@dawasw I think the screenshot you found was from DAoC.

edit ..which is one in the same thing I guess
________
RETURN OF PREMIUM LIFE INSURANCE FORUMS
Last edited by area51 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
krama757

Post by krama757 »

Where do you guys get your tree models from? They look incredible!