Sample Games I made for Contests

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
BlindSide
Admin

Sample Games I made for Contests

Post by BlindSide »

Hey I have been using Irrlicht for a while and I think its great! Anyway I joined up to GameDev and entered 2 of their contests, [1W1B2] (One week One button 2) and 4E4 (Four elements IV). Anyway they are both very simple games and I dont think they came very close to winning, but I am pretty sure that their simple nature will showcase how easy this great engine is to use for somebody who barely knows C++. Here are the links:

Susano
http://www.gamedev.net/community/contes ... wnload.asp

Its Number 44, "Susano". Scroll down to the very end and click "Download" (I also used Newton, IrrWizard and Audiere)

Here is the second, VERY SIMPLE game I made, THERMAL:

http://www.rav.efbnet.com/1w1b2/results.html

It is the second one from the top. (Shouldnt be very hard to find)

Anyway I recommend you download THERMAL as it does a very good job in my opinion of how to make a very very simple game with Irrlicht.

Source code is not included with them but I will make sure to post it soon, enjoy them for now!

(BTW if anyone finds a piece of code or graphics that belongs to them and they do not think that I should of used it I am sorry and feel free to post you r concerns)

Ciao

- BlindSide[/b]

Post by Guest »

cool, you don't get too many project announcements of finished projects here. I don't have time to play them, but they look pretty good from the images
area51

Post by area51 »

Good work for a big competition.

I think you got at least 2 of the judges on a bad day as the score they gave was way out of order, IMO.

Without the vsync issue, I recon your scores across the board would have been closser to judgeF's for Thermal.

The installer was a nice touch also.
________
TYROS 2
Last edited by area51 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xycos

Post by xycos »

Couldn't go to the page for the top one. Thermal looked like it'd be loads of fun but it ran so insaneley fast I couldn't do much of anything, but good job.