scenenode attributes

You are an experienced programmer and have a problem with the engine, shaders, or advanced effects? Here you'll get answers.
No questions about C++ programming or topics which are answered in the tutorials!
schick

scenenode attributes

Post by schick »

It would be great if every irr::scene::ISceneNode has its own velocity attribute. In my opinion it quite useful eg. you have some animators, and everyone needs to know that the scenenode is falling (only on animator has to set the parameter using collision detection) the remaining animators take the attribute and play a sound "ahhh", do some crazy movement to the mesh or whatever. Also a rotation attribute is useful the same way i just mentioned,

schick
qwe

Post by qwe »

play a sound "ahhh"? I think you mean play a sound "AAIIIAIAIIIIIIGGGGHHHHH!" :D

anyway, a rotation attribute already exists. ISceneNode*->getRotation. It returns the relative rotation as a vector3df.

http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/docu/cl ... e.html#a28
keless

Post by keless »

"relative rotation as a vector3df. "

im still not quite sure what this means.

is it the same as the 'forward' or 'facing' vector?

if not, how do you create one using the getRotation() vector?

currently, I am using this to do so:
irr::core::vector3df facing( sin( faerienode->getRotation().Y * PI/180.0f ), 0, cos( faerienode->getRotation().Y * PI/180.0f ) );

but that only gives me the X-Z rotation (which is fine for now). what would I do when I need the true XYZ facing?
a screen cap is worth 0x100000 DWORDS