Magic Library - True Type windows font

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
xterminhate

Post by xterminhate »

Thanks again for your help.

Long ago, I encoutered pb with ATI drivers.... things never change with ATI.

Xterminhate.
Return to Irrlicht after years... I'm lovin it.
It's hard to be a Man !
Si vis pacem para belum
xterminhate

Post by xterminhate »

How can I modify your movie mesh class in order to play movie in loop ?
It's hard to be a Man !
Si vis pacem para belum
Emil_halim

Post by Emil_halim »

I do not get you well, what do you mean by play movie in loop, as i mentioned before you have to update the movie and lock the Texture
and movie surface then copy the data.

you might create a timer Event and put the updating movie function in
it.
xterminhate

Post by xterminhate »

I can see the movie, it works perfectly well.

But, at the end of the movie, i would like to play the movie again (loop mode). There is no method in your class to "rewind". Is it possible to add such a function ?
It's hard to be a Man !
Si vis pacem para belum
Emil_halim

Post by Emil_halim »

oh..,i think you could do it.

the IAMMultiMediaStream has some methods that allow do it,i do not test
it yet.

it has the Seek ,GetDuration methodes,so you could use Seek to restart
the movie,and GetDuration will get the length of movie.

for more informations please see the Directx9 help file.
Emil_halim

Post by Emil_halim »

change the NextMovieFrame member function as following

Code: Select all

void NextMovieFrame()
           {
              if(GetTickCount()-oldtick < time){flg = false ;return;}
              oldtick = GetTickCount(); 
              flg = true;
              if(0x40003==pSample->Update( 0, NULL, NULL, 0))
                  pAMStream->Seek(0);

}

this will automatically play the movie in loop.
eviral

LINK ERRORS

Post by eviral »

Hello,

I have errors while compiling Magic2D for DIRECTX with msvc2005.

What can i do ?

Thanks a lot

Eviral

------ Build started: Project: NewTonEgypt2005, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
Compiling...
NewtonGame.cpp
.\NewtonGame.cpp(192) : warning C4312: 'reinterpret_cast' : conversion from 'irr::s32' to 'HWND' of greater size
.\NewtonGame.cpp(193) : warning C4311: 'type cast' : pointer truncation from 'HICON' to 'long'
Linking...
libc.lib(rand.obj) : error LNK2005: _rand already defined in MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR80.dll)
libc.lib(crt0dat.obj) : error LNK2005: _exit already defined in MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR80.dll)
libc.lib(crt0dat.obj) : error LNK2005: __exit already defined in MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR80.dll)
libc.lib(crt0dat.obj) : error LNK2005: __cexit already defined in MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR80.dll)
libc.lib(hooks.obj) : error LNK2005: "void __cdecl terminate(void)" (?terminate@@YAXXZ) already defined in MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR80.dll)
libc.lib(crt0init.obj) : error LNK2005: ___xc_z already defined in MSVCRT.lib(cinitexe.obj)
libc.lib(crt0init.obj) : error LNK2005: ___xc_a already defined in MSVCRT.lib(cinitexe.obj)
libc.lib(crt0init.obj) : error LNK2005: ___xi_z already defined in MSVCRT.lib(cinitexe.obj)
libc.lib(crt0init.obj) : error LNK2005: ___xi_a already defined in MSVCRT.lib(cinitexe.obj)
libc.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2005: __amsg_exit already defined in MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR80.dll)
libc.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2005: _mainCRTStartup already defined in MSVCRT.lib(crtexe.obj)
libc.lib(winxfltr.obj) : error LNK2005: __XcptFilter already defined in MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR80.dll)
MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR80.dll) : error LNK2005: _strncpy already defined in libc.lib(strncpy.obj)
MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR80.dll) : error LNK2005: _strrchr already defined in libc.lib(strrchr.obj)
MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR80.dll) : error LNK2005: _atol already defined in libc.lib(atox.obj)
MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR80.dll) : error LNK2005: _memmove already defined in libc.lib(memmove.obj)
MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR80.dll) : error LNK2005: _malloc already defined in libc.lib(malloc.obj)
MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR80.dll) : error LNK2005: _realloc already defined in libc.lib(realloc.obj)
MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR80.dll) : error LNK2005: _free already defined in libc.lib(free.obj)
MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR80.dll) : error LNK2005: _fclose already defined in libc.lib(fclose.obj)
MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR80.dll) : error LNK2005: _fread already defined in libc.lib(fread.obj)
MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR80.dll) : error LNK2005: _fseek already defined in libc.lib(fseek.obj)
MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR80.dll) : error LNK2005: _ftell already defined in libc.lib(ftell.obj)
MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR80.dll) : error LNK2005: _fopen already defined in libc.lib(fopen.obj)
LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
MSVCRT.lib(cinitexe.obj) : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'libc.lib' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
NewtonGame.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "struct _fn * __cdecl CreateFontW(struct irr::video::SMaterial,float,float,float)" (?CreateFontW@@YAPAU_fn@@USMaterial@video@irr@@MMM@Z)
..\NewTonEgypt2005\NewTonEgypt2005.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Build log was saved at "file://d:\MyProjects\NewTonEgypt2005\Release\BuildLog.htm"
NewTonEgypt2005 - 26 error(s), 4 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
eviral

Just a thing

Post by eviral »

Just a thing.
In DxMagic2d.hpp i have replaced

#pragma comment(lib,"Magic2d.lib")
with
#pragma comment(lib,"DxMagic2d.lib")

because i don't want to use openGL version but just the directx9 one.

Eviral
Emil_halim

Post by Emil_halim »

thanks eviral.

but this already has been discussed in page #5 of this thread,and i have
mentioned that i will fix it next release of Library.

any way thank you again,and have fun with Magic2d Library.
Emil_halim

Post by Emil_halim »

Hi All

this is a new version of Magic2D Library.

many bugs have been fixed,and many new features added.

download it from here

http://bcxdx.spoilerspace.com/BCXGL/Magic2d_05.zip

here is a screenshots from new demos

Enjoy it.
Emil_halim

Post by Emil_halim »

Hi all

there was a bug in lib of Devc++ users,here is the fixed library,download it
and replace it with your old one.

http://bcxdx.spoilerspace.com/BCXGL/DveC_LibsFix.zip

have fun.
krama757

Post by krama757 »

Coolies, thanks Emil!

LINK ERRORS : can't make magic2d 0.05 work :(

Post by Guest »

I have LINK errors while trying to use Magic2D (OpenGL or DX versions) with MSVC 2005.

I'm trying to compile some exemples provided with Magic2D but i can't make it works...

Could you give install instructions of Magic2D for using it with Visual Studio 2005 please ?

Thanks a lot

Eviral
Emil_halim

Post by Emil_halim »

Hi Eviral

i really do not have Visual Studio 2005,so i do not know how to solve those problims.
did you successfully compiled Irrlicht Demo with MSVC2005 without any problem,if so i think you could do it with Magic2d,you know it is not belong to Dx or OpenGL version of Magic2d but it is a problem of MSVC versions ,i suggest you search the net for howTo link MSVC2005 Program with MSVC2003 libs.
eviral

Sources please...

Post by eviral »

hi Emil,

Thanks for your answer.

Could you give me the sources of magic2d project because i would like to compile them with msvc2005 to solve my problem.

I don't want to change anything in your great project but just to produce libs with Visual Studio 2005.

Is it possible ?

Thanks a lot

Eviral

I can send you the libs generated with msvc2005 so you could add them to your distrib.