glass and window positioning

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Acki

glass and window positioning

Post by Acki »

Hi,
I have 2 problems:

1. in windowed mode I can scale the window by changing the resolution of the graphics device, but how can I adjust the position of the window on the desktop ???

2. I'm using 3DSMax6. When I create glass surfaces and export them to *.3ds, in Irrlicht the surface isn't transparent ???

some ideas ??? ;)

CU, Acki
c_olin3404

Post by c_olin3404 »

for the transparency, you will probebly have to go into the source and change the was that Irrlicht renders it.
Acki

Post by Acki »

c_olin3404 wrote:for the transparency, you will probebly have to go into the source and change the was that Irrlicht renders it.
But how ???
Are there any tutorials for doing this, or someone can help me with this, or is there any other way to create glass surfaces in Irrlicht ???
c_olin3404

Post by c_olin3404 »

You would probebly have to have a good understanding of OpenGL and/or DirectX8 in order to make it render transparent. Maybe this feature will come out in the next release!
madinitaly

Post by madinitaly »

Uhmm, I think it should be possible to use material types such as EMT_TRANSPARENT_ADD_COLOR, or EMT_TRANSPARENT_VERTEX_ALPHA in combination with irr::scene::IMeshManipulator::setVertexColorAlpha.
(These will affect an entire mesh, so a glass would have to be a mesh separated from the rest of the map).
Acki

Post by Acki »

madinitaly wrote:Uhmm, I think it should be possible to use material types such as EMT_TRANSPARENT_ADD_COLOR, or EMT_TRANSPARENT_VERTEX_ALPHA in combination with irr::scene::IMeshManipulator::setVertexColorAlpha.
(These will affect an entire mesh, so a glass would have to be a mesh separated from the rest of the map).

thanks,
because I whant to create breakable glass, it has to be a seperate mesh...
And for other glass surfaces it's a little bit difficult...

CU ;-)