.NET C# free 3d engine

Irrlicht.Net is no longer developed or supported, Irrlicht.Net Cross Platform is a much more complete wrapper. Please ask your C# related questions on their forums first.
Dasca

.NET C# free 3d engine

Post by Dasca »

Hi guys...

if you are interested in programming 3d games with .NET there is a 3d engine that I just discover on internet...

www.3dstate.com

I'm just trying to evaluate the difference between IrrLicht and 3D State.

Let me know your opinion

Cheers

Dasca

ps sorry for my bad bad english :)
Dasca

FORGET IT!!!!!

Post by Dasca »

forget my post...

rubbish...
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

"The only engine that automatically supports 3D paper glasses"
now that would be a cool addition to irrlicht. if only i had a pair
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room
the_bob

Alternatives

Post by the_bob »

Aside from Irrlicht, the only possibilities for open source 3D with any real potential I've seen are the OgreDotNET wrapper, RealmForge, and plain Managed DirectX.

Development on the OgreDotNET wrapper seems to be a bit slow. They don't appear to be nearly as far as Irrlicht with dotNET, and it's still just a wrapper around the c++ version.

RealmForge development seems to be extremely slow, but from what I can tell, seems to have more of a pure dotNET aim. They also have some very ambitious goals which could make it difficult to get off the ground.

I have had some experience with Managed DirectX. It's fairly well documented, and there's a rather large community. Unfortunately, it is pickier with hardware and only runs on Windows systems.

That's one of the main reasons I am looking at Irrlicht. With its inclusion of DX9, DX8, and OpenGL, it has more ability to play nice on other systems.
3D in .NET - Who would've guessed!