Spot Lights

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Keil

Spot Lights

Post by Keil »

seems like spot lights are integrated to irrlichtEngin 0.14.0, but
how to create one????
Get stronger confronting stronger ones
Keil

Post by Keil »

i used irrSpintz for this

Post by Guest »

this is the irrlicht forum - so when you talk about the irrlicht engine we assume you talk about the original irrlicht.

for irrlichtspintz, it has a very good api documentation, just open it and look for the lightnode and you will know how to do spotlights ...

or you just open up one of the examples that should be in the irrlichtspintz folder which contains a spotlight (the one with the terrain and the few white boxes, i dont know if its still in there)

and please, when you want to get help than take yourself atleast a minute time to make proper sentences and not that crap you wrote above.

thank you and good luck ;)
Keil

Post by Keil »

i meant that i resolved the problem using irrspintz

i'm back to irrlicht, because i think it's better than irrspintz.

anyway, i really have a problem with lights.
When creating an object (for example, a room), i assign some materials to to model.
in OpenGL mode, these materials are visible but not with the Direct3D mode.

Some of you could light me on this? Have you the same problem?

from:http://parsys.informatik.uni-oldenburg. ... /irrlicht/
Partially added in 0.14: New lights (spot and directional). Some advanced features from IrrSpintz not supported, but patch file not working anymore.

where are the spot lights? Does 'partially added' mean that only directional lights were added?