3D Sprite

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
NoOne

3D Sprite

Post by NoOne »

How can i do a 3d sprite like a tree??? And activate color key for that face??

Post by Guest »

omg use the search function or even better just use your brain.
NoOne

Post by NoOne »

I already do. But not relevant!!

Post by Guest »

3d sprites:

1. billboards
2. meshes with a plane

colorkey :

makeColorKeyTexture or use an alpha channel and EMT_TRANSPARENT_ALPHA_CHANNEL

byebye!
NoOne

Post by NoOne »

Using draw2dimage everything works!! But with meshes i can´t. have you some code for this ???

thx!!
Dark Rain

Post by Dark Rain »

As the above poster said, read on the general theory of billboards and then try to use irrlicht billboards. It's simply a quad with a normal vector pointing toward the screen.
NoOne

Post by NoOne »

No. no. The object is a tree. Isn´t necessary face to the cam, and I don´t want too. Billboards use 2d positions, so useless!

Post by Guest »

NoOne wrote:Billboards use 2d positions, so useless!
wrong
NoOne

Post by NoOne »

GFXstyLER wrote:
NoOne wrote:Billboards use 2d positions, so useless!
wrong
Yes. I did not read that section! but i want to use simple quads. can i ??

Post by Guest »

why dont you read what dark rain has posted above? i think you are one of the most stupid persons that one can possibly find here at the forum. this whole thread is rediculouis. im sorry but its the truth :?

but maybe god is with us and you just try to open your eyes and read what we posted (maybe even actually take a look at the irrlicht tutorials - but no, that would be too much of an effort ;) )

see you!
NoOne

Post by NoOne »

haha!!! laziness, my son. I try to use the short way, but doesn´t work. so, i need to dive to find my results.

thanx for all.
NoOne

Post by NoOne »

GFXstyLER wrote:why dont you read what dark rain has posted above? i think you are one of the most stupid persons that one can possibly find here at the forum. this whole thread is rediculouis. im sorry but its the truth :?

I go to ignore this because it is a Begginer forum.

Post by Guest »

its not only laziness, you just dont read what other people tell you when they try to help lol - thats even worse

the thing you look after with irrlicht is called IBillboardSceneNode.
irrlicht has an api documentation (in .chm file) where you can type in keywords so they get you search results.

im sure when you go to your irrlicht directory, then go to "docs" and open irrlicht.chm, you will get the irrlicht api doc. click on "index" and type in "ibillboardscenenode" - done.

note: billboards in irrlicht always look to the camera, if you need billboards that do not fade you have to decide what you want:

1. implement axial-billboards
2. use a mesh with a simple plane and give it the tree texture, thats basically the same thing a billboard does, too.

i really hope you read this post because it should contain any information you need :)

see you!
Dark Rain

Post by Dark Rain »

I don't think that's going to work. If you can't by yourself guess the concept of quads mapped with a texture, well you need to read up on a lot of 3d theory and no amount of 10 line posts is going to help. That's my opinion at least.
NoOne

Post by NoOne »

It is this that I did not want to make.

Really thanx "Dark".