New to the iLLriCht scene, not to prgrammining though.

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
DrJeckl

New to the iLLriCht scene, not to prgrammining though.

Post by DrJeckl »

SUp, all ive been doing game development since , well i think 6th grade, and have learned over 4 or 5 diffrent programming langauges. Wanted to say hey, since ill probably leave this dev stuff alone in like 3 days. Well since im posting in the newb forum, i was wondering i have completed the hello world tutorial for this now im doin the quake 3 one, it compiles without any errors but when i run it, there is an error stating that it cant find the file or it doesnt exist. So since some ppl are having the same problem, without any answers, i would like to know, how to fix this for them and me.

device->getFileSystem()->addZipFileArchive("../../media/map-20kdm2.pk3");

scene::IAnimatedMesh* mesh = smgr->getMesh("20kdm2.bsp");

that might help. :P
DrJeckl

...........yep

Post by DrJeckl »

lol, every time i post a queation like this on a forum i always figure it out for myself.

well all i did was manually show where the pk3 file was on my hard drive so i changed the code like.

device->getFileSystem()->addZipFileArchive("D:/Program Files/irrlicht/media/map-20kdm2.pk3");
DrJeckl

Post by DrJeckl »

hope that helps some people.
Gold_Fusion

Post by Gold_Fusion »

You don't have to give the full path. Most likely your project folder was not two directories within the Irrlicht folder (as in the tutorial) and so the path is wrong. ;)