Irrlicht game won't compile(incorrect dll??)

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Kazuya

Irrlicht game won't compile(incorrect dll??)

Post by Kazuya »

I'm trying to compile the source code for a tetris replica and although I haven't much of a clue I think that there is an error with a given dll that I can't fix.
Irrtris source code: http://people.freenet.de/abusoft/Irrlicht/IrrTris2.htm
Everthing compiles fine (ms visual C++ 6.0)but when I build it there is linking errors to do with the dll:

<i>
--------------------Configuration: main - Win32 Debug--------------------
Linking...
main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) class irr::IrrlichtDevice * __cdecl irr::createDeviceEx(struct irr::SIrrlichtCreationParameters const &)" (__imp_?createDeviceEx@irr@@YAPAVIrrlichtDevice@1@ABUSIrrlichtCreat
ionParameters@1@@Z)
Debug/main.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

main.exe - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)
</i>

The author supplies a seperate .exe (the other link on his page) that works fine but I think the supplied source code is wrong. In short does anyone know if its wrong and can I do anything to fix it?? Thanks[/url]

Post by Guest »

wrong .dll version
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

the project that comes in the zip file is a devc++ project; hence, it requires the devc dll.
hybrid

Post by hybrid »

afecelis wrote:the project that comes in the zip file is a devc++ project; hence, it requires the devc dll.
No, this does not depend on the project type, but on the compiler you're using--at least upon compilation. Since Kazuya uses VC++ he must use the VC++ dll. But these errors are usually due to a mismatch of header and library. Maybe there's still a 0.12 version in the search path which is linked against whilst the headers are already 0.14. Also your own Irrlicht dll versions will break if, e.g., you use the original headers with a modified dll.