Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Vox

Post by Vox »

Well, terrain rendering for OGL works fine (200-250 FPS), but D3D doesn't.
Spintz

Post by Spintz »

Last edited by Spintz on Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hybrid

Post by hybrid »

Maybe post a list of problems such that more hands could be put on the fixing?

Post by Guest »

yeah i would like to know that too
Eternl Knight

Post by Eternl Knight »

You know I'm up for it, Spintz. List the problems you are encountering and I'll get on with the ones I think I can solve :)

--EK
Spintz

Post by Spintz »

Last edited by Spintz on Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spintz

Post by Spintz »

Last edited by Spintz on Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eternl Knight

Post by Eternl Knight »

Um, dude - I DID email you...

I was waiting for you to reply on that before looking at the code (as you said you were going to be making some heavy changes).

--EK
Fred

Post by Fred »

The Collision example doesn't compile on Linux:

gcc version 4.0.2 20051125 (Red Hat 4.0.2-8)

g++ main.cpp -o CollisionTest -I"../../include" -I"/usr/X11R6/include" -L"/usr/X11R6/lib" -L"../../lib/Linux" -lIrrlicht-Spintz -lGL -lGLU -lXxf86vm -lXext -lX11
../../lib/Linux/libIrrlicht-Spintz.a(CNullDriver.o)(.text+0x236c): In function `irr::video::CNullDriver::CNullDriver(irr::io::IFileSystem*, irr::core::dimension2d<int> const&)':
CNullDriver.cpp: undefined reference to `irr::video::createImageLoaderRAWAlphaMap(int, int, unsigned char)'
../../lib/Linux/libIrrlicht-Spintz.a(CNullDriver.o)(.text+0x2748): In function `irr::video::CNullDriver::CNullDriver(irr::io::IFileSystem*, irr::core::dimension2d<int> const&)':
CNullDriver.cpp: undefined reference to `irr::video::createImageLoaderRAWAlphaMap(int, int, unsigned char)'
../../lib/Linux/libIrrlicht-Spintz.a(CSceneManager.o)(.text+0x263): In function `irr::scene::CSceneManager::addFireSceneNode(irr::scene::ISceneNode*, char*, irr::video::SColor const&, int, float, int, int, float, float, unsigned int, int, irr::core::vector3d<float> const&, irr::core::vector3d<float> const&)':
CSceneManager.cpp: undefined reference to `irr::scene::CFireSceneNode::CFireSceneNode(irr::scene::ISceneNode*, irr::scene::ISceneManager*, char*, irr::video::SColor const&, int, float, int, int, float, float, unsigned int, int, irr::core::vector3d<float> const&, irr::core::vector3d<float> const&)'
../../lib/Linux/libIrrlicht-Spintz.a(CSceneManager.o)(.text+0x7b1): In function `irr::scene::CSceneManager::addCameraSceneNode3rdPerson(irr::scene::ISceneNode*, float, float, int, irr::SKeyMap*, int, bool)':
CSceneManager.cpp: undefined reference to `irr::scene::C3rdPersonCameraSceneNode::C3rdPersonCameraSceneNode(irr::scene::ISceneNode*, irr::scene::ISceneManager*, irr::gui::ICursorControl*, int, float, float, irr::SKeyMap*, int, bool)'
../../lib/Linux/libIrrlicht-Spintz.a(CZipReader.o)(.text+0x480): In function `irr::io::CZipReader::openFile(int)':
CZipReader.cpp: undefined reference to `inflateInit2_'
../../lib/Linux/libIrrlicht-Spintz.a(CZipReader.o)(.text+0x49a):CZipReader.cpp: undefined reference to `inflate'
../../lib/Linux/libIrrlicht-Spintz.a(CZipReader.o)(.text+0x4ac):CZipReader.cpp: undefined reference to `inflateEnd'
../../lib/Linux/libIrrlicht-Spintz.a(CZipReader.o)(.text+0x4cf):CZipReader.cpp: undefined reference to `inflateEnd'
../../lib/Linux/libIrrlicht-Spintz.a(CImageLoaderJPG.o)(.text+0x25e): In function `irr::video::CImageLoaderJPG::loadImage(irr::io::IReadFile*)':
CImageLoaderJPG.cpp: undefined reference to `jpeg_std_error'
../../lib/Linux/libIrrlicht-Spintz.a(CImageLoaderJPG.o)(.text+0x27d):CImageLoaderJPG.cpp: undefined reference to `jpeg_CreateDecompress'
../../lib/Linux/libIrrlicht-Spintz.a(CImageLoaderJPG.o)(.text+0x2c3):CImageLoaderJPG.cpp: undefined reference to `jpeg_resync_to_restart'
../../lib/Linux/libIrrlicht-Spintz.a(CImageLoaderJPG.o)(.text+0x2db):CImageLoaderJPG.cpp: undefined reference to `jpeg_read_header'
../../lib/Linux/libIrrlicht-Spintz.a(CImageLoaderJPG.o)(.text+0x2ed):CImageLoaderJPG.cpp: undefined reference to `jpeg_start_decompress'
../../lib/Linux/libIrrlicht-Spintz.a(CImageLoaderJPG.o)(.text+0x357):CImageLoaderJPG.cpp: undefined reference to `jpeg_destroy_decompress'
../../lib/Linux/libIrrlicht-Spintz.a(CImageLoaderJPG.o)(.text+0x403):CImageLoaderJPG.cpp: undefined reference to `jpeg_read_scanlines'
../../lib/Linux/libIrrlicht-Spintz.a(CImageLoaderJPG.o)(.text+0x440):CImageLoaderJPG.cpp: undefined reference to `jpeg_finish_decompress'
../../lib/Linux/libIrrlicht-Spintz.a(CImageLoaderJPG.o)(.text+0x452):CImageLoaderJPG.cpp: undefined reference to `jpeg_destroy_decompress'
../../lib/Linux/libIrrlicht-Spintz.a(CImageLoaderPNG.o)(.text+0x85): In function `irr::video::user_read_data_fcn(png_struct_def*, unsigned char*, unsigned int)':
CImageLoaderPNG.cpp: undefined reference to `png_error'
../../lib/Linux/libIrrlicht-Spintz.a(CImageLoaderPNG.o)(.text+0x239): In function `irr::video::CImageLoaderPng::isALoadableFileFormat(irr::io::IReadFile*)':
CImageLoaderPNG.cpp: undefined reference to `png_check_sig'
../../lib/Linux/libIrrlicht-Spintz.a(CImageLoaderPNG.o)(.text+0x275): In function `irr::video::CImageLoaderPng::ReadRow(void*)':
CImageLoaderPNG.cpp: undefined reference to `png_read_row'
../../lib/Linux/libIrrlicht-Spintz.a(CImageLoaderPNG.o)(.text+0x30c): In function `irr::video::CImageLoaderPng::loadImage(irr::io::IReadFile*)':
CImageLoaderPNG.cpp: undefined reference to `png_check_sig'
../../lib/Linux/libIrrlicht-Spintz.a(CImageLoaderPNG.o)(.text+0x35f):CImageLoaderPNG.cpp: undefined reference to `png_create_read_struct'
../../lib/Linux/libIrrlicht-Spintz.a(CImageLoaderPNG.o)(.text+0x3ac):CImageLoaderPNG.cpp: undefined reference to `png_create_info_struct'
../../lib/Linux/libIrrlicht-Spintz.a(CImageLoaderPNG.o)(.text+0x3f1):CImageLoaderPNG.cpp: undefined reference to `png_destroy_read_struct'
../../lib/Linux/libIrrlicht-Spintz.a(CImageLoaderPNG.o)(.text+0x414):CImageLoaderPNG.cpp: undefined reference to `png_set_read_fn'
../../lib/Linux/libIrrlicht-Spintz.a(CImageLoaderPNG.o)(.text+0x425):CImageLoaderPNG.cpp: undefined reference to `png_set_sig_bytes'
../../lib/Linux/libIrrlicht-Spintz.a(CImageLoaderPNG.o)(.text+0x438):CImageLoaderPNG.cpp: undefined reference to `png_read_info'
../../lib/Linux/libIrrlicht-Spintz.a(CImageLoaderPNG.o)(.text+0x48b):CImageLoaderPNG.cpp: undefined reference to `png_get_IHDR'
../../lib/Linux/libIrrlicht-Spintz.a(CImageLoaderPNG.o)(.text+0x4c4):CImageLoaderPNG.cpp: undefined reference to `png_destroy_read_struct'
../../lib/Linux/libIrrlicht-Spintz.a(CImageLoaderPNG.o)(.text+0x520):CImageLoaderPNG.cpp: undefined reference to `png_destroy_read_struct'
../../lib/Linux/libIrrlicht-Spintz.a(CImageLoaderPNG.o)(.text+0x564):CImageLoaderPNG.cpp: undefined reference to `png_destroy_read_struct'
../../lib/Linux/libIrrlicht-Spintz.a(CImageLoaderPNG.o)(.text+0x583):CImageLoaderPNG.cpp: undefined reference to `png_read_update_info'
../../lib/Linux/libIrrlicht-Spintz.a(CImageLoaderPNG.o)(.text+0x5d6):CImageLoaderPNG.cpp: undefined reference to `png_get_IHDR'
../../lib/Linux/libIrrlicht-Spintz.a(CImageLoaderPNG.o)(.text+0x5e9):CImageLoaderPNG.cpp: undefined reference to `png_get_rowbytes'
../../lib/Linux/libIrrlicht-Spintz.a(CImageLoaderPNG.o)(.text+0x623):CImageLoaderPNG.cpp: undefined reference to `png_destroy_read_struct'
../../lib/Linux/libIrrlicht-Spintz.a(CImageLoaderPNG.o)(.text+0x8d0):CImageLoaderPNG.cpp: undefined reference to `png_destroy_read_struct'
../../lib/Linux/libIrrlicht-Spintz.a(CParticleSystemSceneNode.o)(.text+0x209): In function `irr::scene::CParticleSystemSceneNode::createSphereEmitter(irr::core::vector3d<float>, float, irr::core::vector3d<float>, unsigned int, unsigned int, irr::video::SColor, irr::video::SColor, unsigned int, unsigned int, int)':
CParticleSystemSceneNode.cpp: undefined reference to `irr::scene::CParticleSphereEmitter::CParticleSphereEmitter(irr::core::vector3d<float>, float, irr::core::vector3d<float>, unsigned int, unsigned int, irr::video::SColor, irr::video::SColor, unsigned int, unsigned int, int)'
../../lib/Linux/libIrrlicht-Spintz.a(CParticleSystemSceneNode.o)(.text+0x2b1): In function `irr::scene::CParticleSystemSceneNode::createRingEmitter(irr::core::vector3d<float>, float, float, irr::core::vector3d<float>, unsigned int, unsigned int, irr::video::SColor, irr::video::SColor, unsigned int, unsigned int, int)':
CParticleSystemSceneNode.cpp: undefined reference to `irr::scene::CParticleRingEmitter::CParticleRingEmitter(irr::core::vector3d<float>, float, float, irr::core::vector3d<float>, unsigned int, unsigned int, irr::video::SColor, irr::video::SColor, unsigned int, unsigned int, int)'
../../lib/Linux/libIrrlicht-Spintz.a(CParticleSystemSceneNode.o)(.text+0x35a): In function `irr::scene::CParticleSystemSceneNode::createMeshEmitter(irr::scene::IMesh*, bool, irr::core::vector3d<float>, float, int, bool, unsigned int, unsigned int, irr::video::SColor, irr::video::SColor, unsigned int, unsigned int, int)':
CParticleSystemSceneNode.cpp: undefined reference to `irr::scene::CParticleMeshEmitter::CParticleMeshEmitter(irr::scene::IMesh*, bool, irr::core::vector3d<float>, float, int, bool, unsigned int, unsigned int, irr::video::SColor, irr::video::SColor, unsigned int, unsigned int, int)'
../../lib/Linux/libIrrlicht-Spintz.a(CParticleSystemSceneNode.o)(.text+0x402): In function `irr::scene::CParticleSystemSceneNode::createAnimatedMeshSceneNodeEmitter(irr::scene::IAnimatedMeshSceneNode*, bool, irr::core::vector3d<float>, float, int, bool, unsigned int, unsigned int, irr::video::SColor, irr::video::SColor, unsigned int, unsigned int, int)':
CParticleSystemSceneNode.cpp: undefined reference to `irr::scene::CParticleAnimatedMeshSceneNodeEmitter::CParticleAnimatedMeshSceneNodeEmitter(irr::scene::IAnimatedMeshSceneNode*, bool, irr::core::vector3d<float>, float, int, bool, unsigned int, unsigned int, irr::video::SColor, irr::video::SColor, unsigned int, unsigned int, int)'
../../lib/Linux/libIrrlicht-Spintz.a(CParticleSystemSceneNode.o)(.text+0x4d2): In function `irr::scene::CParticleSystemSceneNode::createCylinderEmitter(irr::core::vector3d<float>, float, irr::core::vector3d<float>, float, bool, irr::core::vector3d<float>, unsigned int, unsigned int, irr::video::SColor, irr::video::SColor, unsigned int, unsigned int, int)':
CParticleSystemSceneNode.cpp: undefined reference to `irr::scene::CParticleCylinderEmitter::CParticleCylinderEmitter(irr::core::vector3d<float>, float, irr::core::vector3d<float>, float, bool, irr::core::vector3d<float>, unsigned int, unsigned int, irr::video::SColor, irr::video::SColor, unsigned int, unsigned int, int)'
../../lib/Linux/libIrrlicht-Spintz.a(CParticleSystemSceneNode.o)(.text+0x640): In function `irr::scene::CParticleSystemSceneNode::createAttractionAffector(irr::core::vector3d<float>, float, bool, bool, bool, bool)':
CParticleSystemSceneNode.cpp: undefined reference to `irr::scene::CParticleAttractionAffector::CParticleAttractionAffector(irr::core::vector3d<float>, float, bool, bool, bool, bool)'
../../lib/Linux/libIrrlicht-Spintz.a(CParticleSystemSceneNode.o)(.text+0x6b9): In function `irr::scene::CParticleSystemSceneNode::createRotationAffector(float, float, float, irr::core::vector3d<float>)':
CParticleSystemSceneNode.cpp: undefined reference to `irr::scene::CParticleRotationAffector::CParticleRotationAffector(float, float, float, irr::core::vector3d<float>)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Spintz

Post by Spintz »

Last edited by Spintz on Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sRc

Post by sRc »

cool, registered on your forum

btw the link in your post has a comma in it so doesnt work ;) and also only moderators can read the Updates section of your forum :?:

gonna check this out now... and i'll try throwign it on my notebook since i just got linux set up on it :D
The Bard sRc

Blog | Twitter
Spintz

Post by Spintz »

Last edited by Spintz on Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hybrid

Post by hybrid »

I checked your latest release and were really confused that you did not include most of the patches that were included in IrrSpintz 0.12. Any reasons despite lack of time?
I think that I won't be able to extract many features, since most changes are now rather globally affecting the sources. Most of the changes are also API breaking, so I guess that unless Niko will catch up with most of the changes another spin-off from Irrlicht will happen.
Spintz

Post by Spintz »

Last edited by Spintz on Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hybrid

Post by hybrid »

Most of the smaller patches found on my patch page under patch.14/spintz/ are not yet included. I was wondering whether some of these changes are now superfluous, or just not yet included. E.g. the planarMapping changes now part of IrrSpintz are rather different to those of IrrSpintz 0.12.
My note on the major changes you implemented was not meant to discredit your work. I really appreciate all you've done yet, and I am closely following the enhancements of IrrSpintz. I just see the point where people won't be able to change the library that easy anymore. And remembering the spin-off of IrrlichtNX we could encounter another split of the developer community. I think that either Niko himself or someone nominated by him should immediately start on the integration of all available patches and enhancements. Previous efforts on proper architecural decisions were always unsuccessful due to the lack of official code maintainers taking part in the discussions.