IrrWizard?

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki

Post by Guest »

Hiho!

Very cool tool (for me as an programer-n00b/programing-learning). I was searching for an simple game engine for testing my maps made in DeleD. So, ive found the CSPGE and this thing also very interesting. The only problem is that "permission denied" comes when i want to compile it with Dev C++. It seems that the folder is write-protected... and i cannot unlock it. :/

Wfr, Sindwiller
RapchikProgrammer

Post by RapchikProgrammer »

Error! Compiled for visual c++ a sample fps game. Tried to compile first in visual c++ 2005 express edition then in vc6. Errors in both. :( Any idea. It said in vc2005 that windows.h was missing and i dont know in which vc but it also showed an error at the string function. And asked me too look at the definition. I dont remember the error and too lazy and sleepy right now to open it so i will just leave it to you guyz to figure it out.
titere

Post by titere »

me too:
error in xstring.h
jam

Post by jam »

Very nice framework :D

Just an observation but CGameManager::Init() seems to get called twice. It appears you can remove Init(); in the CGameManager::CGameManager() constructor function to prevent the above situation.

Also if you do the above and add the following code to CGameManager::~CGameManager()

Code: Select all

if(m_pPlayer)
    {
        delete m_pPlayer;
    }
    if(m_pPathManager)
    {
        delete m_pPathManager;
    }
    if(m_pItemManager)
    {
        delete m_pItemManager;
    }
    if(m_pEnemyManager)
    {
        delete m_pEnemyManager;
    }
this stops a memory leak involving those pointers

Post by Guest »

error C2955: 'string' : use of class template requires template argument list

This is what I get when I try to compile under VS6
area51

Post by area51 »

Sorry for lack of help, been away for a bit, and now have no time due to the arrival of a 7lb 11oz baby girl, Olivia Paige Rowland.

What i'll be doing is making a full blown game using the framework, and then droping any code back in at a later point. This will iron out a couple of small issues along the way that some people are having.

To overcome the 'string' propblem, just rip all references to it out.

To overcome the 'windows.h' problem, just link it to your project doing a Tools->options->Projects & Solutions->VC++ Directories, select Include Files Dropdown and add an entry similar to this: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDK\include

Also thanks to Jam and others for providing support.

Watch this space for IrrWizardDemo FPS, comming soon.(or not as the case may be, free time permitting)
________
Oregon Medical Marijuana
Last edited by area51 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spintz

Post by Spintz »

Grats on the baby! :D
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

yup Area, congrats for the new member of the family! :wink:
titere

Post by titere »

very good your work !!! thanks!!!

what about newtown dynamics?
are you work in it? for when? :D

can you put the UML diagram in your tutorial? :lol:
area51

Post by area51 »

...thanks guys.

@titere I do plan to integrate Newton, and added a CPhysicsManager to the basic framework option a while ago, although got side tracked and didnt release it. Just need to do a little more work on that, not too sure when it will be finished though.

A UML diagram is a good idea, and can try to do one of those sooner I hope.
________
BMW V3
Last edited by area51 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheWorstCoderEver

Post by TheWorstCoderEver »

It's starting to slowly evolve into full-fearture game engine, I can see...
titere

Post by titere »

@area51 : thanks for your reply

can you give us us an advance of which characteristics what has the version of irrwizard and Newton? force? collisions? joints? to float?
BattleElf

Post by BattleElf »

Hi, nice framework :D

A couple of questions:
1. To extend the menu would you add to the GameMenuState files or create new state files eg GameOptionMenuState.cpp/h

2. Wouldn't it be more practical to have one GameStateLevel file for the whole game and load the extra bits like map name and waypoints from a config file rather than creating new GameStateLevel files for each level?

3. Can you give me any tips on what you would do to implement a pause function and do you think that would be the best way to handle mid-game menu accessing. eg esc key pressed - game pauses - menu displays - click Play - game resumes (unpauses)

Thanks for any help
Quack

Post by Quack »

I have tried to put a sound class in it, but i recieve an error.

I'm using VS 2005 (microsoft visual c++ 2005)

gamesoundstate.cpp  error C2259: 'CGameSoundState' : cannot instantiate abstract class 	

CGameSoundState CGameSoundState::m_GameSoundState;

CGameSoundState* CGameSoundState::Instance()
{
	return ( &m_GameSoundState );
}
are in GameSoundState.cpp

static CGameSoundState m_GameSoundState;
is in GameSoundState.h

The files look almost the same as: IntroState.cpp and IntroState.h.

I hope someone can help me with this...
titere

Post by titere »

You has written "=0" in any function of that class . Then that class is abstract and you cant reference it with Instance