[SOLVED]Dev c++ compile problem

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
PleaseHelpMe!

[SOLVED]Dev c++ compile problem

Post by PleaseHelpMe! »

i have set everything up perfectly, put all 3 librarys out of the devc++ folder. Included the whole include folder. Im using version 3.0. I even copied and pasted the hello world code from the example at the bottom of the set up irrlicht with devc++ page. Now, when i go to compile it comes up with these errors:
C:/Documents and Settings/Alfie/Desktop/irrlicht 3.0/include/vector2d.h: In member function `void irr::core::vector2d<T>::rotateBy(irr::f64, const irr::core::vector2d<T>&)':
C:/Documents and Settings/Alfie/Desktop/irrlicht 3.0/include/vector2d.h:93: error: `gradPI2' undeclared (first use this function)
C:/Documents and Settings/Alfie/Desktop/irrlicht 3.0/include/vector2d.h:93: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)
C:/Documents and Settings/Alfie/Desktop/irrlicht 3.0/include/vector2d.h: In member function `irr::core::vector2d<T>& irr::core::vector2d<T>::normalize()':
C:/Documents and Settings/Alfie/Desktop/irrlicht 3.0/include/vector2d.h:109: error: there are no arguments to `getLenght' that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of `getLenght' must be available
C:/Documents and Settings/Alfie/Desktop/irrlicht 3.0/include/vector2d.h:109: error: (if you use `-fpermissive', G++ will accept your code, but allowing the use of an undeclared name is deprecated)

In file included from C:/Documents and Settings/Alfie/Desktop/irrlicht 3.0/include/irrlicht.h:67,
from Roughsource.cpp:4:
C:/Documents and Settings/Alfie/Desktop/irrlicht 3.0/include/line2d.h: In member function `irr::core::vector2d<T> irr::core::line2d<T>::getUnitVector()':
C:/Documents and Settings/Alfie/Desktop/irrlicht 3.0/include/line2d.h:70: error: there are no arguments to `getLenght' that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of `getLenght' must be available

Roughsource.cpp: In function `int main()':
Roughsource.cpp:17: error: `EDT_SOFTWARE' undeclared (first use this function)
Roughsource.cpp:32: error: no matching function for call to `irr::gui::IGUIEnvironment::addStaticText(const wchar_t[51], irr::core::rect<irr::s32>, bool, bool, int, int)'
C:/Documents and Settings/Alfie/Desktop/irrlicht 3.0/include/IGUIEnvironment.h:135: note: candidates are: virtual irr::gui::IGUIElement* irr::gui::IGUIEnvironment::addStaticText(const wchar_t*, bool, const irr::core::rect<irr::s32>&, irr::gui::IGUIElement*, irr::s32)

make.exe: *** [Roughsource.o] Error 1

i know the code is right. i knwo the librarys are right, i know the include file is right. so what is goin on? please help :(
pleasehelpme!

Post by pleasehelpme! »

oh come on please help i need this up and running asap
r3i

Post by r3i »

put all 3 librarys out of the devc++ .
What? Sorry I don't understand what you have done.

Why Do you use Irrlicht version 3 ?
Now we have Irrlicht 14 stable. Try to get it also because if you have pasted the demo's code maybe it's for version 14 and not for 3.0
I don't know if Irrlicht is "scalable to the bottom".

P.S.: library is one: if you use Devcpp is in /Win-gcc/ directory.
Another tip: try to get devcpp in a path without spaces because it can givev you errors sometimes
"We work in the dark, we do what we can, we give what we have, Our doubt is our passion and our passion is our task. The rest: is art of Madness" (H.James)

Post by Guest »

no that wasnt it. yes it is for 3.0 thats why i got it because the tutorial and example where on how to link irrlicht 3.0 and devcpp. i am very confused still and im in a desperate time crisis.
please help.
thankyou.

Post by Guest »

oh and i ment librarys out of the irrlicht library folder.
sorry.
r3i

Post by r3i »

"don't be afraid! *^^ we are here!
The tutorial on how to configure irrlicht with the Devcpp is the same for Irrlicht version 14 so don't be sad.

When you create your project there are only 3 thing that you must do in order to run.
First: open Option Project and set the include directory to Irrlicht
( remember to click on add... first time I hated this :D )
Second: always in Option Project in tab libraries add
pathIrrlicht/lib/win-gcc/libIrrlicht.a
Third: in your project copy the file Irrlicht.dll at pathIrrlicth/bin/Win-gcc
or like this.

Try.
If you have some problems I can send you a project in devcpp all setted so you can compare and discover what is the problem!"

Posted...2 minutes ago... :roll:
please, set this topic to "SOLVED" ok? :D see ya!
"We work in the dark, we do what we can, we give what we have, Our doubt is our passion and our passion is our task. The rest: is art of Madness" (H.James)

Post by Guest »

ok im tryin it now if it works it will be put as solved within a minute :wink:

Post by Guest »

in your project copy the file Irrlicht.dll at pathIrrlicth/bin/Win-gcc
or like this.

how do you do this?

Post by Guest »

SOLVED!!! thnx so much r3
r3i

Post by r3i »

Yeah! ;)
Sorry: i meant copy it to your project path :)
Good work!