Showing a model in more than one place?

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Rabid Mantis

Showing a model in more than one place?

Post by Rabid Mantis »

For example if i want to spray bullets everywhere, Is it possible to just use the model for my bullet and draw it multiple times in different places? It seems like a waste to have a node for each individual bullet. Thanks.
sudi

Post by sudi »

i don't think that there is another way with irrlicht
We're programmers. Programmers are, in their hearts, architects, and the first thing they want to do when they get to a site is to bulldoze the place flat and build something grand. We're not excited by renovation:tinkering,improving,planting flower beds.
Rabid Mantis

Post by Rabid Mantis »

Well that sucks. Wouldnt that optimize things a bit if it were possible? Especially for example in a spaceship combat game with all the projectiles flying everywhere.
Vox

Post by Vox »

Why don't you make your custom scene node which can hold all projectiles? Then, you could render every bullet/projectile at different position.

Or, without using scene node, render your scene normally, then render your bullets via videodriver before rendering GUI.

Possibilites are endless.
Rabid Mantis

Post by Rabid Mantis »

I was just hoping there'd be an easy way to avoid having a hundred different nodes that are exactly the same... Like if I could take one node for the projectile, draw, reposition, draw, repeat in different places. But since there doesnt seem to be an easy way to do it I'll have to look into different options.