XBOX360 development anyone?

Discussion about everything. New games, 3d math, development tips...
sRc

XBOX360 development anyone?

Post by sRc »

http://news.com.com/2061-10797_3-6052255.html

I know I'll be getting one (when i get a new job >_> )
The Bard sRc

Blog | Twitter
Maize

Post by Maize »

My step uncle told me he was going to get one of these for me soon. I will post how it goes.
JPulham

Post by JPulham »

Where will it be? MSDN?...
I'll definatly get one...
pushpork

Post by Guest »

I'm downloading the XNA preview at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en ,dunno exactly if this is like the SDK and if this work for the 360 but it looks interesting :D
JPulham

Post by JPulham »

when will the XNA framework be brought out? does any one have a rough idea or is that locked away by Bill :P
pushpork
Joe_Oliveri

Post by Joe_Oliveri »

Let's see if it really ends up being $100 :)
Irrlicht Moderator || Game Designer
Learn the basics at </dream.in.code>
lug

Post by lug »

I thought the dev kit for indie developers are restricted to live arcade (lumines, old-school, simple 3d graphics, etc.)? I mean, you get what you paid for if that is the true price point. Does the $100 dev kit include the xbox360 hardware? It's kind of hard to test out your game if you don't have the debug xbox360 hardware kit. :cry:
Quall

Post by Quall »

I believe it is just for live arcade games. I remember watching an e3 video for live arcade. They were saying something that arcarde will soon have small games that teams of 3 or 4 people would create. From what I understand, you cannot test the game on an actual 360. It just allows you to code a game for the PC that can be easily ported to the x360.
lug

Post by lug »

[quote="Quall"]I believe it is just for live arcade games. I remember watching an e3 video for live arcade. They were saying something that arcarde will soon have small games that teams of 3 or 4 people would create. From what I understand, you cannot test the game on an actual 360. It just allows you to code a game for the PC that can be easily ported to the x360.[/quote]

That sounds more like it. Once you have it coded on the PC, I bet MS will charge a boat load of money to get it over to the 360's live arcade. But I'm speaking out of ignorance here.