Light and walls

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
oleo

Light and walls

Post by oleo »

Hi!
In my scene I've some rooms and an entrance hall. When I place some lights in the hall, the light crosses walls lighting walls, floor and ceiling inside rooms...
I've read something in the forum without understanding if this problem has to be solved using shadows or otherwise.
Can anyone please tell me in which direction I've to move myself in order solve this problem and make a more realistic scene?
Thanks,
Fabio.

Post by Guest »

you could create lightmaps with DeleD or Q3Radiant, but these won't be dynamic lights.
andrei25ni

Post by andrei25ni »

that was me :roll:
oleo

Post by oleo »

Anonymous wrote:you could create lightmaps with DeleD or Q3Radiant, but these won't be dynamic lights.
No other way using IRRLicht? :(
Fabio.
hybrid

Post by hybrid »

You can switch off lighting for some rooms as long as you do not enter them. Or you change the radius of the lights such that it does not reach the other rooms.
oleo

Post by oleo »

So I have to create a lightmap, loading that as a second texture of my material and then set the material type to EMT_LIGHTMAP?
Is this the correct method?
Thanks,
Fabio.

Post by Guest »

PS: Can I create Lightmaps with 3 studio max?
Fabio.