IrrXML Error

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding game design, integration of external libraries here. For irrEdit, irrXML and irrKlang, see the
ambiera forums
AlexL

IrrXML Error

Post by AlexL »

So lately, I have been attempting to use IrrXML to load data for configuration and scene setup files. But when attempting to use it to load network information from the XML, I get an error/bug where it repeates itself five times; with the third attempt being the only sucessful load.

I am not sure if this is being caused due to user inexperiance, but if I had to put money down I would go with that. . . So, if anyone has a spare moment or three; below is an image better describing what I am talking about, the XML source, and the relavent part of the application source. Thank you in advanced to anyone that takes the time to look over this :)

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<!-- irrGame Configuration File -->
<config>
    <graphics driver="EDT_OPENGL" width="800" height="600" depth="32" fullscreen="false" vsync="false" shaders="false" />
    <network port="1024" ip="127.0.0.1" timeout="30" />
</config>

//SNIP
	m_hXMLConfig = g_pGlobals->pDevice->getFileSystem()->createXMLReaderUTF8("./datas/config.xml");
	if(!m_hXMLConfig)
	{
		CLogger::writeLog("CServer::Init <Failed> : Could not read configuration file.");
		return false;
	}

// Read through XML Configuration file.
	while(m_hXMLConfig->read())
	{
		switch(m_hXMLConfig->getNodeType())
		{
		case irr::io::EXN_ELEMENT:
			if(strcmp("port",m_hXMLConfig->getNodeName()))
			{
				CLogger::writeLog("CServer::Init() <Note> : Port number found.");
				m_iPort = m_hXMLConfig->getAttributeValueAsInt("port");
				printf("Port number being the following: %i\n",m_iPort);
			}
			break;
		}
	}
	m_hXMLConfig->drop();
//SNIP

Re: IrrXML Error

Post by Guest »

AlexL wrote:

//SNIP
	m_hXMLConfig = g_pGlobals->pDevice->getFileSystem()->createXMLReaderUTF8("./datas/config.xml");
	if(!m_hXMLConfig)
	{
		CLogger::writeLog("CServer::Init <Failed> : Could not read configuration file.");
		return false;
	}

// Read through XML Configuration file.
	while(m_hXMLConfig->read())
	{
		switch(m_hXMLConfig->getNodeType())
		{
		case irr::io::EXN_ELEMENT:
			if(strcmp("port",m_hXMLConfig->getNodeName()))
			{
				CLogger::writeLog("CServer::Init() <Note> : Port number found.");
				m_iPort = m_hXMLConfig->getAttributeValueAsInt("port");
				printf("Port number being the following: %i\n",m_iPort);
			}
			break;
		}
	}
	m_hXMLConfig->drop();
//SNIP
Ok. There are two problems here. First, port is an attribute, and m_hXMLConfig->getNodeName() will never ever return "port". Second, strcmp will return 0 if the two strings are equal. Try this:

if(strcmp("network",m_hXMLConfig->getNodeName()) == 0)
AlexL

Post by AlexL »

Thank you for the help Guest, seems as though the only error here was my lack of understanding with IrrXML :? Anyways, all is good now; thank you again :D
Nalin

Post by Nalin »

^^ Above Guest = me.

Anyways, no problem. I just got done messing with IrrXML and all its little nuances, so it was all very fresh in my mind. :D