Myhtorgia

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Strong99
Admin

Myhtorgia

Post by Strong99 »

We are building a MMORPG, we have all stuff thogether now and we started to build our game, ( we have also a fast server !:) )

[EDIT] 22-06-08
We added Nvidia physx (ageia) and have improved AI wich uses physx for path finding.

[EDIT] 02-01-08
Atlast we have very basic AI in the game :)
see page 6: http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/ ... c&start=75

[EDIT] 20-04-07
Atlast the client redesigned to have better FPS, LOD upgraded and NPCs can die, well it was lots of work before the server start respawning the NPC in the good order after the full NPC group was murdered :roll:

[EDIT] 18-06-07

[EDIT] 24-01-07

Main update is that we have added the item menu and shorcut menu. The player can chose health and mana potions, teleporters and some more,
and ofcourse some fixes.

[EDIT] 13-01-07

preview:
http://mythorgia.4vandorp.eu/img/media/ ... 2-2006.mpg

[EDIT] 28-12-06

http://mythorgia.4vandorp.eu
Last edited by Strong99 on Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:06 am, edited 17 times in total.
AJirenius

Post by AJirenius »

First of all. I really want you to take this as a friendly suggestion.

There is no fast and efficient way to build an MMORPG unless you do have lots and lots of cash to buy yourself a platform to use.
I would recommend you to go to Gamedev.net and read the FAQ at 'help wanted' cause actually, there is no way that you can build an MMO with a bunch of 3d modellers. MMO is today the most complicated game to make and most of the time it's the one genre chosen by new developers with big dreams but maybe less knowledge in coding.

This might not be your case, but as there is 10-15 projects a week coming up at Gamedev and all of them are started by hopefull young people with a smaller designdocument describing the world and a few swords or perhaps two guys so far modelled I would recommend you to think smaller.

Making the next WoW wont happen, unless you do have a staff of 50 very experienced guys working for 5 years (which was the case for WoW).

I am wrong? Good, ok, then I would recommend you to look at something like: http://www.multiverse.net/ which I find very interesting for MMO's

Also I definitely recommend you to work out a very detailed and functional designdocument as this is not only the hardest thing to do but also the biggest and complex in it's structure.

I wish you all luck!
area51

Post by area51 »

Last edited by area51 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strong99
Admin

Post by Strong99 »

I have created a good document about how to build it. We have planned it so we can if we are ready add simply more players and landscapes. I'm busy to find the good rescources and find info. So the game would be easy to upgrade.

Post by Guest »

I think it will work, if he has a good plan and good update functions so he can add everything he want it will work,

Great, Go On Man!!!!

Post by Guest »

Yes, that's the idea :)
dawasw

Post by dawasw »

I don't belive that he will finish anything working though.

Check out beginners forum - how he can make it mmo when he doesn't understand Raknet at the moment ?

Also having 30 models or whaterver work / workplan he have already done with his team - is not a success in making amateur unofficial games.

I think it would be hard to find anyone to help with such basic describing 'text', if you took it serious you would do an official document for a 'co-workers needed' which would describe full game details + minimum one way of avaible contact with you.

Besides there were a lot of such projects like AJirenius have said - all of them always exist for few days or weeks after what - comes the extinction.

So my advice is you should show your working document.

Also getting co-workers is a very hard motive in team design, belive me, only the best and most advanced ideas are accepted.
Strong99
Admin

Post by Strong99 »

I have finishd my global network engine, it runs fast i must say... That i'm not understand C++ does not say i'm noob...
I never wanted such things... I program by spaceweb with php, C++ has other libary's but i under stand the basics.

Yes, I have to post the document when I want help. But I don't speak english and have to translate everything...
dawasw

Post by dawasw »

That sounds a lot better ;)
Strong99
Admin

Post by Strong99 »

I wanted to say that i have now a network for 256 players build... it is now beta version and not released but it works :D
Xaron

Post by Xaron »

Well, RakNet supports up to 65535 players. The question is, does it really work with 256 players at the same time? This is quite a lot for a "normal" desktop like server.

Regards - Xaron
Strong99
Admin

Post by Strong99 »

I have a real server here with an gigabit network. 4x pentium 3 cpu's, is very vast.
Xaron

Post by Xaron »

:shock: This sounds great, indeed... :)

Regards - Xaron
Orcles

Post by Orcles »

I agree with Xaron, great job you did to have those resources. How fast do you work on that project? And how big is your team now??
Strong99
Admin

Post by Strong99 »

I have to say that it work faster then i planned, my team exist now out 7 very good moddelers en 1 programmer ( me )