ARES 0.1a released (FPS that use irrlicht)

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki

ARES 0.1a released (FPS that use irrlicht)

Post by Guest »

hi all. Hi released ares.
Ares is a FPS that use irrlicht engine (currently the version 0.14 of the engine) and Audiere sound engine. It has got a level editor,created with irrlicht.With the level editor the users can add/remove/move monsters,medikits,and models in lot of format (3ds,bsp,md2,obj,dmf,my3d,collada xml,ms3d,x (text,not binary),oct,lmts,dae,and others supported formats) . He also save the level and load it in another moment (and editing it after the level is loaded).He also can play with his level. the user can choose wich render use(directx 8.0,9.0,OGL 1.5 or two software renders)and other graphic settings that he chooses (resolution,bit of colour,antialiasing,vsync,stencyulbuffer,ecc..) and wich level starts from a window developed with window API. This project also use free models that i have found in internet. this project is released under the terms of GPL.The installation program are created with inno-setup. this project runs under win32.
You can download the binary for win32 here
source can be found here
What do you think about this game? Have you got suggestions for me?
Hi
Mancuso Raffaele
Mancuso Raffaele

Post by Mancuso Raffaele »

i wrote the post above ,there is my name at the end, but I have forgotten to log in. now i select "Log me on automatically each visit".please excuse me.
evo

Post by evo »

Hi,

I almost missed your post, which would have been a shame since this is a very promising piece of software. Very well finished with installer and loading screen. I haven't tried the editor yet.
Only comments are that the game play is a bit 'nervous' due to the rotationspeed of the camera. Also a message at the end of the game would be nice. At first I thought that the progam had crashed. Turned out I was dead :(
Klasker

Post by Klasker »

The game was fun, but it was running extremely fast.
Are you using a timer to lock the game speed? If not, you should do that.
I couldn't figure out how to use the level editor - how do I navigate around the map?
sudi

Post by sudi »

I agre it's really cool but u should slow it down!!
and add a story or something like that...please
We're programmers. Programmers are, in their hearts, architects, and the first thing they want to do when they get to a site is to bulldoze the place flat and build something grand. We're not excited by renovation:tinkering,improving,planting flower beds.