application configuration is incorrect

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
TomB

application configuration is incorrect

Post by TomB »

When I run my program on some computers, it works fine. On others, I get an error: "This application failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem"

Some threads on the forum say that it is the irrlicht.dll file that cant be found. This is not the case, the dll file is in the right location. On the computers I get the error, the example programs work fine, too. I do not know what the error could be.

I am building the project in Microsoft Visual Studios 2005.[/img]
hybrid

Post by hybrid »

You have managed code enabled during installation and the other computers don't have .net runtime installed. Switch it off unless you're using managed code libraries. This has been solved in a thread some lines below this one.
bearSoft

Post by bearSoft »

Regards.
Tech: win98se| 320mb ram| abitbe6| 433mhzceleron| atiRadeon7000.64mb| soundblaster125| dx9.0b | devCPP | IRR 0.12.0 |
Ced666

Post by Ced666 »

Nope, it is due to a new mechanism that microsoft introduced in VC2005 (not totaly correct, it was in 2003 but was not obligatory). This is what they call manifest file.
Take a look here: http://blogs.msdn.com/nikolad/archive/2 ... 60368.aspx

This should help
TomB

Post by TomB »

Wow, there seems to be a very complicated solution. Well, Occam's Razor guides me to try the simpleset one first. However, I can not find how to turn off managed code. where might this be in the project's properties?
rooly

Post by rooly »

and this is why i use dev c++
When banks compete, you win.
When ISPs compete, you win.
When electronics retailers compete, you win.
When governments compete...you get drafted.