Tutorials.Net

Irrlicht.Net is no longer developed or supported, Irrlicht.Net Cross Platform is a much more complete wrapper. Please ask your C# related questions on their forums first.
LazarMihai

Tutorials.Net

Post by LazarMihai »

Is there anyone that is working on a .Net version of the tutorials ?

If not.. I've started a small project.. in order to learn how to use Irrlicht a little better... and I'll be happy to share them... I think I'll finish most of them by Friday ..

BTW: Don't expect the CustomScene ... tutorial... there's some strange diffrences between C# and the way Irrlicht.NET was written... I know it's still alpha .. but I'll do as much as I can .. Oh ... and it's gonna be in Visual Studio 8.. so you'll need C# Express ...

As I said before.. if anyone is intersted .. I'm happy to send them ... don't have a website.. on wich to upload them.. but ... we'll see...

I think a nice demo runner would be cool too.. :) I'll see ..

Oh.. before I forget... I think there is a small bug with the DirectX importer .. I'll post the code and files .. soon .. and maybe you can explain it better ... I'll be explaining the bug in more depth .. then ...

Cheers !
Motto: "The road to becoming a good programmer is paved with bad scripts."
All that is required for the triumph of evil, is for good people to remain silent and do nothing - Sir Edmund Burke
thzero

Re: Tutorials.Net

Post by thzero »

Irrlicht.NET is written in managed C++, so yes there is bound to be some issue since it is just a wrapper to the Irrlicht C++ library.

There is a project out there that is porting Irrlicht to C#, but its not yet completed.
RapchikProgrammer

Post by RapchikProgrammer »

I have made a vb.net example but havent worked on the tutorials! If u want to check it out search in the forums! It does have more or less everything that the examples have!
Braneloc

Post by Braneloc »

Follow the links on my sig for all translated tutorials and the C# port...
Sometimes you've just gotta say, the laws of time and space, who gives a smeg ?!

Irrlicht.Net Information - http://www.irrforge.org/index.php/.net
Irrlicht# (aka the C# port) - http://irrlichtsharp.sourceforge.net
DeusXL

Post by DeusXL »

Hello,

I'm currently working with Irrlicht .NET after two years of C++ on Irrlicht... And I can tell you Irrlicht .NET has many issues, most of all in memory releasing (since Irrlicht .NET acts like if Irrlicht was a managed dll). I've made some modifications on Irrlicht .NET (principally added some Dispose wich is an interface for releasing unmanaged resources) and now I find it works quite great ! (unfortunately 90% of the changes I made are only useful for my current project)
Why I say that ? Because I advice not to start with Irrlicht .NET since whatever you want to do, an experience on Irrlicht native will be very very useful !

BTW : You can't create a custom scene node in Irrlicht .NET since it's just a wrapper of Irrlicht... But you can still create your scene node in Irrlicht.dll and 'wrap' it in Irrlicht .NET... That's the way I do and it's not very hard, you just have to be patient with building, rebuilding of many dlls :roll:

PS : If you know C# and you've understood the native Irrlicht's tutorials, you will need about 10 minutes to understand Irrlicht.NET !
Irrlicht .NET complete and Cross Platform Wrapper
The kid on my avatar wrote:A painless lesson is one without any meaning
LazarMihai

Oh well ...

Post by LazarMihai »

I did things a bit diffrent ...

The main idea is to be able to create a demo launcher .. like the one Axiom has..

I wrote an interface ... that all the examples use ... and that makes it a lot easier to launch since .. for now all you have to do in the main function is to changed the class name in the using statement ...

Anyway.. I wanna get involved with Irrlicht# .. I saw a post a while back.. but didn't know anyone did something more than just a simple code...

We could exchange some ideas... also .. Irrlicht.NET should ofer the tutorials .. in the sdk .. despite it's alpha state ...

But ... talk more on Irrlicht Sharp forums from now on :)
All that is required for the triumph of evil, is for good people to remain silent and do nothing - Sir Edmund Burke
LazarMihai

I'm sorry

Post by LazarMihai »

Just downloaded version 1.0, and it has the tutorials for .NET ...

You must have released 1.0 after I posted this message ..

CHEERS !
Braneloc

Post by Braneloc »

DeusXL wrote:BTW : You can't create a custom scene node in Irrlicht .NET since it's just a wrapper of Irrlicht... But you can still create your scene node in Irrlicht.dll and 'wrap' it in Irrlicht .NET...
It still wants just a pointer as a parameter, so I'm assuming this still the case in Irrlicht 1.0 ?
Sometimes you've just gotta say, the laws of time and space, who gives a smeg ?!

Irrlicht.Net Information - http://www.irrforge.org/index.php/.net
Irrlicht# (aka the C# port) - http://irrlichtsharp.sourceforge.net