(C++) Red Black Tree for a core::map class

Post those lines of code you feel like sharing or find what you require for your project here; or simply use them as tutorials.
Eternl Knight

Post by Eternl Knight »

wolfgke - register so I can PM you the info. It is not really a "core::map" thing
wolfgke

Post by wolfgke »

I'd like to register (it is not the politest way to ask "advanced" questions as a guest), but whenever I try it, there comes a message telling "The confirmation code you entered was incorrect". (I don't know where I am to enter a confirmation code BTW).
Spintz

Post by Spintz »

terefang wrote:
Spintz wrote: The only compilers, I know of that have this problem are ...
(ok this will get offtopic, but ...)

the main reason i keep away from exceptions is that tcpip sockets
become unusable (on win32) if receiving signals/exceptions during
blocking operations.

since i write a lot of networking code, you could consider me a burned child.

cheers,
I've been doing network programming for over 5 years now, from writing reliability for Unicast UDP, reliability for Multicast( can't wait for Windows Vista for PGM to be available ) etc. I've never had any problems with exceptions/signals and interrupting my sockets ( on Win32 of Linux ). If you want, send me a PM or email me, I'd be interested in hearing more about this.
wolfgke

Post by wolfgke »

@Eternl Knight

So you best send me an email; adress:

mail (dot) wolfgang (dot) keller (at) web (dot) de

where (dot) and (at) should be replaced :wink: (and don't forget to remove the spaces)
bicunisa

Post by bicunisa »

What about using STLport? It is a standard multiplatform STL implementation.
http://www.stlport.org/

Would that bring problems too?
OMG another MMORPG project! AztlanRPG
Baal Cadar

Post by Baal Cadar »

As Spintz already said, memory ownership problem is fixed for older platforms and doesn't apply to new ones.

bicunisa, it is perfectly save to use STL (for instance STLPort) in your Irrlicht based application. For why nico uses his own containers instead of STL, he explained it in his Blog. Well, one can obviously have differing opinions on this, but in the end only one matters. ;)