If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
maverick

Post by maverick »

hi all,

i am newbie just started to use irrlicht previously i was using blenderGE so i am good in modelling with blender. The problem i am facing importing the blender models into irrlicht & i am using irrlicht 1.0 and blender2.41 i tried all sorts of tips & tricks , searched the whole forum and still not able to do it. I think there r many more blender users out there can someone shed some light on how to effectively use the blender with irrlicht , propably a small how to will be help full.

thks in advance,
maverick
bearSoft

Post by bearSoft »

believe dhenton has the most comprehensive tut.
I dont know whether it is updated to irr1.0.
Use the search facilities ao use the member list to find the relevant posts
Regards.
Tech: win98se| 320mb ram| abitbe6| 433mhzceleron| atiRadeon7000.64mb| soundblaster125| dx9.0b | devCPP | IRR 0.12.0 |
maverick

Post by maverick »

thks for the rply. I tried to search with dheton users posts, but couldn't find anything. I also wanted to know if i export my model to .x will i be able to use the same meshes in linux? which is the best way to export meshes so it would work both on windows & linux with multiple animation & free format( not properitry like md2 ).
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Neither .x nor .md2 are more proprietary than the other. They are usable on all systems, and there are specifications available for all parts fo the format. MD2 and .X are completely different in their technique, though, such that it might depend on the situation which format to use. It might be .x in most cases, though, due to skeletal animation. Milkshape animations are similar.
maverick

Post by maverick »

can we use .x meshes in linux? or is it only on windows we can use .x meshes? need info on this
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

hybrid wrote:They are usable on all systems.