Dev-C++ compiled DLL?

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
agrif

Dev-C++ compiled DLL?

Post by agrif »

I've been searching these forums and have been amazed to find that there isn't a compiled version for Dev-c++. For such a common problem, you'd think there would be a build...

Is it possible to have a standard compile?

I've tried all the help and tutorials in the forums, but can't seem to get DX to work... and I kind-of don't want to be stuck with opengl... (it's good and all, but :roll: )

Sorry for asking if it's not possible, but I'm desperate.
Robomaniac

Post by Robomaniac »

Dev C++ does not have DirectX support built in, and you need to modify the engine a bit. See the advanced or beginners help forums (i forget which one) fot a thread adressing the problem (Dev C++ -> DirectX -> Problem or something)
The Robomaniac
Project Head / Lead Programmer
Centaur Force
agrif

Post by agrif »

I know that irrlicht needs to be recompiled with the changes built in, and I have tried(to no avail), but I was wondering, if all you're doing is linking irrlicht with static libraries, couldn't you just have a standard compile for dev-c++ users?
keless

Post by keless »

yes. it just takes a little tweaking to the source, which Niko didnt get done in the latest version. There are a number of user requests that are on his plate on top of his own agenda.
a screen cap is worth 0x100000 DWORDS