Linker error (DevC++)

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Shadow

Linker error (DevC++)

Post by Shadow »

HI!
I have a problem when I try to link an example using DevC++.
I already try all things that the DevC++ Tutorial says and nothing.
Have anybody an idea?

Thanks in advance
Shadow

[Linker error] undefined reference to `import stub for irr::createDevice(irr::video::EDriverType, irr::core::dimension2d<int> const &, unsigned int, bool, bool, irr::IEventReceiver *)'
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

Are you linking with the correct version of the engine? E.g. compiling with the 0.3 headers and linking with the 0.2 lib won't work.

Which compiler/linker/Dev-Cpp version are you using?
Sandy/Moonlight

Post by Sandy/Moonlight »

Hi!

This is the link error I faced when using Dev-C++ (4.9.8.1) with old Mingw/GCC 2.95...

You may want to try again with the latest version of Dev-C++ (4.9.8.1) AND the new Mingw/GCC 3.2 (just get the latest Dev-C++ download from bloodshed.net). This worked for me!

Post by Guest »

I only download Irrlicht SDK 0.3. This´s my first test.
I am using...
g++ (GCC) 3.2 (mingw special 20020817-1)
GNU ld version 2.13.90 20021005
Dev-C++ 4.9.8.0

Any idea?
irrlicht wrote:Are you linking with the correct version of the engine? E.g. compiling with the 0.3 headers and linking with the 0.2 lib won't work.

Which compiler/linker/Dev-Cpp version are you using?
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

Hm, I am working with the same versions, and it works here. Maybe you chose a wrong project type, or a library (libIrrlicht.a) can not be found. There is also a Linux version of the libIrrlicht.a, maybe you selected this one.
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Yes.. It ´s working now. Thanks!!
Was an error with the library path.

Thanks
irrlicht wrote:Hm, I am working with the same versions, and it works here. Maybe you chose a wrong project type, or a library (libIrrlicht.a) can not be found. There is also a Linux version of the libIrrlicht.a, maybe you selected this one.