Viewing scene from the top

You are an experienced programmer and have a problem with the engine, shaders, or advanced effects? Here you'll get answers.
No questions about C++ programming or topics which are answered in the tutorials!
Phxx

Viewing scene from the top

Post by Phxx »

Hi All,

I'm having a problem with viewing my scene from the top, it's a floorplan in which
some boxes are dropped.

Example:

As you can see in the screenshot, the boxes in the corner have perspective but the one in the middle does not. Obviously because it is directly underneath the camera. I want everything to be 2D. Will the orthographic tutorial offer me a solution or is there another way?

Thanks in advance.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Do you really want everything to be 2D? Why are you working with a 3d engine then? Ortohgraphic view is also 3d, butwith a decent view onto the scene. It basically the opposie of what you want: It's everything with a simplistic perspective.
mandrav

Re: Viewing scene from the top

Post by mandrav »

Phxx wrote:Hi All,
As you can see in the screenshot, the boxes in the corner have perspective but the one in the middle does not. Obviously because it is directly underneath the camera. I want everything to be 2D. Will the orthographic tutorial offer me a solution or is there another way?
Yes, that's exactly what the orthographic mode is all about: 3D without the perspective distortion.